• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking to buy an xtx

jakestp

I bought a 2007 phazer fx an iv had some many problems with it you name it iv broke it. What kind of problems have you been having if any with your xtx?

slides wear out, after 900 + miles, they look the same, when they first wore out... other then slides, mine is running, starting up -30 with no problems, recently i hit on coming wooden sled pulled by another snow mobile, didnt see the wooden sled being pulled, till it turned to my lane, and thats when i passed the snowmobile that was rope towing the sled, bent my upper left A arm from impact, waiting for A arm to arrive in the mail, which i hate playing the waiting game :o|

In a nutshell, the XTX rear suspension is poor as far as I'm concerned. The limiter straps are contacting the track when the front arm is fully compressed. The handwarmers are ineffective. Other than that I have no complaints. To solve the problems?

Rear suspension? Spend money on premium shocks or wait until re-valving specs have been established for the stock shocks.

Limiter wear? Replace the stock washers with common fender washers at the top connections. The larger diameter washers serve to pinch the straps to the upper tube preventing the straps from rotating on the tube and allowing the strap to contact the track.

Handwarmers? I'm not ready to disarm the stock controls. I foamed my bars last night. I may add RSI warmers like Arteeex describes in another thread. There are a few solutions available.

Having ridden what the competitor's offer in "crossover" sleds, I wish I'd bought two RTX-SEs and extended the tracks rather than buying two XTXs like I did. I'd have sleds that are more suited to what I expect a crossover sled to be. As it is now, if I ride my XTX in any bumps I get a distant view of my buddy's tail light as he pulls away. That isn't my idea of fun. If I'd bought RTX-SEs the shock and limiter strap problems would be N/A. If the weak handwarmers were my only problem I'd be happy!

SB

i bent my subframe my first ride by runing over a log sticking out of the snow 3 inchs. the drivers on the track slip with only 127 miles. the hand warmers must be on max 90% of the time and you hands still get cold. i gota go under my sled and chop the ice off with an axe before i go out riding about 80% of the time. the relays should all be removed and have dielectric grease put on them to stop corrosion. my slider are starting to wear after 127 miles. i love this sled so much that if someone would offer me the same money i payed for it i would load it in his truck on the spot no questions asked.

i was 1 of 3 friends looking at buying nytros and no i own one and my friends now have dragons.

Why is everyones sliders wearing out? Mine are at 75% with 600 miles on them. They do not seem to have changed since the first 100 miles I put on the sled. I have about 2" of slop in my track at rest with no pulling.

I am not having any problems yet with the said mileage. Handwarmers keep my hands warm with my FXR gloves and after adjusting the hand guards to be lower about nuckle height. But they are no means hot.

Ice in the tunnel is my biggest pet pieve but I kick the sides of the sled a few times and it all falls out.

As far as the suspension, it is decent for stock. There are lots of adjustments, you just have to play with them all to dial in the compression, rebound, ride height etc.

425 miles so far on mine and only real compaint is the handwarmers truely do suck. I'll be thawing it out now and doing my first oil change. I'll look it over at that time for some of the other issues mentioned. Initial inspection of the slides looks fine to me. To make your slides last run your track as loose as possible without it racheting. This is true on any sled.

I have bottomed the suspension 2 or 3 times which is something I never did on My Pro X, but then again this is not a Pro X it's a cross over.

Back