• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking to spend $300 to $500 on parts accessories

Outlander

Veteran
Hi, I have a credit on parts and accessories with my dealership. I have an XTX with the tall windshield.

I was hoping I could get your recommendations on about $300-500 worth of accessories or parts. I think the Designer Combination Tank Bag might be a good start to get some storage and a map holder for about $60. The power outlet might be worthwhile, but for $50?

I already have good clothes, helmet, boots, etc so I don't think I need anything in the attire category.

What else should I be considering as a gotta have?

Thanks!

Windsheild bag is excellent to have, a skid plate, one of those new billet gas caps to add a little bling to your sled.

well if you can only get stuff from yamaha (i dont know iv never had yamabucks) i would get a spare belt and clip and mount it on me clutch cover (iv seen people do it but i havent yet). if you dont have i cover its always a good thing to have. i also plan on geting a skid plate and the extra wheel kit for my xtx so help with sliders. i like the under hood bag because you cant see it with the hood on so stuff wont get stolen.

exhaust ..... k&n air filter tuning fork boogies taller winshield a girl friend who doesnt care that youd rather ride your nytro than her ... ummm handle bar riser ...

out of theose i would say winshield a must for touring days and handle bar riser ..... and the girlfriend GOOD LUCK !!!

New ski's.

Tell your dealer to get new ski's. They are so bad I think that would be a priority before billet gas cap or some bag etc. As for thieves I pray to god that bad things may come upon them in Jesus name, or Allah, buddah... Who evers listening go get them carma... HeHe

Yeah, I also 2nd the dumbo ears.

Next should be the yami skid plate.

You could also get all of the oil and filters needed for your first oil change (500 miles).

Another one that I purchased was the spare gas can bags. Depending on what type of riding you do, don't expect to go over 95 miles on a tank of gas.

Talk to your dealer> I was able to buy anything I wanted with the money, and it didn't have to be Yamaha. With all 3 of my sleds, I got stuff like Castle boots, Woody's studs, PowerComander, Bender Exhaust, etc..
From the way I was told, 1/2 the money is carried by Yamaha, and the other 1/2 by the dealer. Yamaha credits the dealer their half in a 'holdback" type arrangement. Any dealers out there correct me if I'm wrong, as I didn't ask for a full explanation, I was only told I could get whatever I wanted.
1:I recommend the curved exhaust tip and a rear bag. Storage is non-existant on these things, and you're gonna need storage. I have the tank bag, and when I ride agressively standing up, the tank bag keeps hitting the inside of my legs making the next day a real bear!
2:Also, a skid plate is very important if you ride anything but groomed trails. The bottom of these sleds can be vulnerable to damage since there's only plastic coverings protecting the bottom of the motor. Although VERY rare, I do recall a post last season about a rider getting a hole in the bottom of the motor from a hidded hazzard!
3 A low-snow whell kit, and a couple extra sets of hyfax might be a wise idea to have handy. I killed my hyfax the first night out in about 50 miles.

Please update your site proflie to include your location. it helps others to know the general area you ride, and helpt you network and meet other TY'ers in your area.
Thanks!

Back