• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

loose rivots warranty?

bleedyamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder Rtx Le 2012 Yamaha Vector Ltx
I really didn't want to post this and somewhere on here somebody talked about loose rivots. Is this something Yamaha will cover? I have 4 or 5 loose ones black crap around each one. One tunnel protector is loose. It appears the rivets are fastened than the tunnel is powder coated and cleared so how will they keep all the rivots looking same?

bleedyamaha said:
I really didn't want to post this and somewhere on here somebody talked about loose rivots. Is this something Yamaha will cover? I have 4 or 5 loose ones black crap around each one. One tunnel protector is loose. It appears the rivets are fastened than the tunnel is powder coated and cleared so how will they keep all the rivots looking same?

I was a F/A-18 Hornet mechanic in the Navy and loose rivets were called smoking rivets and that's what the guy had posted. And with loose rivets on your sled would be considered normal wear and tear and I don't think they would cover that, unless there were a ton of them. I might be wrong, but I would be very surprised if they covered it. Unless it was like a recall or something...

They will cover them if the sled is still under the first year of warranty if you have a good dealer to work with.

Back