• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lost my bogie wheel 03 RX1

replace all the bearings in the wheels that remain when you have it apart to replace that one missing wheel.

replacing them would take less than an hour with no problems even with tensioning the track for me. with problems, as long as i had the parts, it should take 2 hrs or less. only tricks to doing it are to make sure you have all the washers that go by the rail and that the adjusters are angled correctly.

You mean some of the older wheels since Yamaha went with wheels with replaceable bearings later on. Looking at the pic, the bearing itself has failed, leaving you with just the inner race. I can tell because the washer only covers the inner race. This could happen on wheels with or without replaceable bearings. Since yours is an '03, if it was an original wheel, it was likely the non-replaceable type. I'd recommend the replaceable bearing type since they are serviceable and are actually cheaper.
Thanks

replace all the bearings in the wheels that remain when you have it apart to replace that one missing wheel.

replacing them would take less than an hour with no problems even with tensioning the track for me. with problems, as long as i had the parts, it should take 2 hrs or less. only tricks to doing it are to make sure you have all the washers that go by the rail and that the adjusters are angled correctly.
Ya that makes sense. Thanks for the advice appreciate it

When you pull it apart keep everything in the right order. Take pictures or make a drawing of where each spacer and washer goes. You'll have to loosen the track so just count how many turns you back it off and retighten the same amount and you should be good to go. Also loosen the nut on the axle before you back the track off and then when you're done retighten the axle last.

Ken........

Good advice here.
I find it is easiest to leave the sled on the floor instead of raising the rear.

So just an update on my 03 RX1. I brought to guy in.town that has lots of experience fixing sleds, he took the suspension all apart, and found out that there is a lot more wrong with it than I had planned. The front suspension arm is cracked, the rear shaft is worn out . Front shock is blown , I'm not a happy camper. Didn't want to spend so much money on an older sled. These are the parts I need.
Rear shaft and wheel assembly for suspension.
Front swing arm
About 5 wheel bearings
Front shock . I'm hoping someone can help me get a good deal on parts. I will attach pics

So just an update on my 03 RX1. I brought to guy in.town that has lots of experience fixing sleds, he took the suspension all apart, and found out that there is a lot more wrong with it than I had planned. The front suspension arm is cracked, the rear shaft is worn out . Front shock is blown , I'm not a happy camper. Didn't want to spend so much money on an older sled. These are the parts I need.
Rear shaft and wheel assembly for suspension.
Front swing arm
About 5 wheel bearings
Front shock . I'm hoping someone can help me get a good deal on parts. I will attach pics
Unless the front arm is really bad, just weld it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-221743_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-221743_Messages.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 109
Can this be welded?
Absolutely I would weld that. Have done a LOT of these. I see in the one pic, it is not lined up perfectly. I would pry that into place more and weld.
I remove the limiters so they do not get burned and are nor in the way when welding.
These suspensions have a lot of nylon bushings also. Replace all that are worn.

Absolutely I would weld that. Have done a LOT of these. I see in the one pic, it is not lined up perfectly. I would pry that into place more and weld.
I remove the limiters so they do not get burned and are nor in the way when welding.
These suspensions have a lot of nylon bushings also. Replace all that are worn.
thanks for the advice

the shock also fits a proaction sxr, sx viper, sx venom, 03-04 rx1, 04-05 rx war and any of the sx ventures. the one that is on there should be aluminum bodied, so that makes it rebuildable. i know a refresh runs around $40.00 per shock here but that is when it does not need parts. as long as the shaft and body are good, rebuild with new seals and oil would probably run you under $100.00. i would also reccomend getting the rear shock serviced while skid is out.

Thanks again for all your help guys, I'm looking for a shaft assembly like this does anyone know what this is and where I can get one it was an 8 inch upgrade. But as you can see the shaft and the end pieces are all war note any advice here thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190315-202618_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-202618_Messages.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20190315-202609_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-202609_Messages.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Screenshot_20190315-202557_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190315-202557_Messages.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 102
i do not know whose kit that is. need to identify it first to track down the parts. can always return to stock if you need to.

Look in the classified section and possibly purchase a used skid in good shape, might be cheaper then fixing this one.

Back