• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

loud cogging noise

Groomer08

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
so i just got back from a 650 mile backpack trip, and my track sounds loud. Like its cogging on something as i drive.
I ran like 50 miles of dirt throughout the trip, so it saw plenty of rocks/sticks.
I know i have an outside idler loosening up, but i tightened it and its still there.
Thought at first it was the hard snow, but with todays fresh stuff its still doing it.
Ive looked in the tunnel and i cant see anything obvious.
Anyone seen anything of this sort? Dont want to run it till it wears thru.
Louder at low speeds seems to go away at high.
Suspension was pretty soft, put 10lbs more in the rear shock, noise didnt change. Thought maybe the nubs were riding on suspension loops.

Sounds a bit like mine for 400 miles before the upper chaincase bearing went ballistic and busted everything in the chaincase..... noisy at low to mid speeds- seemingly gone over 50........

Before you'll open chaincase, like Stingray said try another belt. I had the same issue and it was the belt.

If noise still there after new belt lift rear end and watch your primary. The bushing could be going. I thought I had flat spt so I changed belt then thought had something stuck I tnnel or suspension. Then a friend with me checked my primary. I made it back to the trailer as we're on a 3 day loop. It will be going to my dealer Monday for a new primary.

Back