• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

low oil?

dremmick

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro
Last spring I changed the oil in my nytro as specified in the manual and was at proper level. I have a rollover valve and had to tip the sled on its left side yesterday to work on the front end. The sled was resting on a handle bar stand for 24 hrs. Now when I checked the oil its low and not even registering on the dip stick. I opened the the air box and there is no signs of oil.

Did you run it to see if any lights came on?

If there is none in the air box and no puddles on the floor it has to be in there

Ms

Did you run it to see if any lights came on?

If there is none in the air box and no puddles on the floor it has to be in there

Ms

If I turn the ignition on the oil light comes on. That’s what I can’t wrap my fingered around were the heck did the oil go.

If you have the minimum on the dip stick, I would run it and see if it equalizes.

Don't ride it, just let it idle with the back end lifted to spin the track s bit- no load on the engine.

If it was on it s left side, it must have moved into the crank in the engine

Ms

It does not even register on the bottom of the dip stick which is an 1” lower than the minimum mark.

There is oil in the system- yes? I would run it and see if it equalizes. Don't forget there is 3.5 litre of oil for a 1 l engine. My Honda Accord had 4 litres in 2.3 l engine.

My sled got tossed on its side few years ago. Waited 15 min before starting it. The oil light flashed for at least a few minutes before it went out. Lots of oil was sloshed around in the air box, maybe 200ml. But that's not much relative to total volume.

once the sensor is disturbed it takes a bit of time to for it to correct.
Ms

Back