• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Low Reving Problem after NOS install!!!! Help!

rsemi1

I just installed a Boondockers kit on my '03 RX-1 and now it won't rev over 6K RPM. What did I do wrong?

Any and all help and info is appreciated!!

Semi :nos

sounds like you're running it rich if that's on the bottle rpm. off the bottle you're not presurizing the float bowls, so the nos shouldn't even play a factor. another question, what wire did you grab to power the relay? perhaps this might be you problem. that's about the only other thing that comes to mind

A ya, probably should have elaborated a little more. This is off the bottle, haven't even filled it yet! If it is the pressure in the float bowls, how do I purge them?

Thanks,
Semi :o|

once you hit the button it will pressurize the float bowls per bottle pressure, this is how you get the extra fuel needed for the nos. there is no purging of the bowls. did you put on filters, needles and jets or this running through the air box, how many nozzles you running? if you just put on the filters, have you sync'd the carbs? just trying to get a feel for the exact set- up you have and what you've done.

:o| I am still running the air box, put in two nozzles with the new regulator. I have done nothing with carbs, bone stock.

Thanks for all the info!

Semi :yam:

assuming you got your power from the brown\white wire under the handle bar cover. you've probably got something in your carbs like dirt or something foreign. where are you located? perhaps if you're not too far i could take a look for ya

You are definitely going to have to rejet richer if you're using the stock airbox. The reason is that the carb vents are now vented to inside the airbox instead of atmoshpere through the nitrous manifold(s). The airbox has low pressure at high rpms which will lean you out so you will need much bigger main jets to compensate for this. Most people install the K&N or similar style filters (2 into one style) and mount a manifold on each filter. This seems to allow for much better nitrous distribution than the airbox.

700scott - Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Oregon!

efiguy - I'm running 3000-7000 ft at mild temps, usually not below 20 deg. How many sizes would you recommend increasing he main jet?

Thanks again guys,
Semi ;)!

Back