• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M10 Air / Zx2/or Stock

Sportfury

Extreme
Website
jakesauto.com
Have alot of busted parts and bushings and cracked rails and bad boggie wheels 6 needed I am half way there in cost to a new suspension looking for some good opinions and experiences with these two. Dont nkow if I want to invest anymore money into a inferior products that will break again Thanks Joe

Sportfury said:
Have alot of busted parts and bushings and cracked rails and bad boggie wheels 6 needed I am half way there in cost to a new suspension looking for some good opinions and experiences with these two. Dont nkow if I want to invest anymore money into a inferior products that will break again Thanks Joe

Stop wasting your time on the stock skid. Get a ZX2 and be done with it. I was in your position for a long time and kept playing the, well I will just fix this and things will be fine game. It get's old. Once forking out the $$ for the ZX2 I have not looked back. 14,000 miles on the skid and it was the best decision I have made for my Apex. Ride quality is great and durability is second to none.

Same here, only I spent less than a third of what it cost to go with an aftermarket skid . Many here have gone with Poo/Cat/Doo suspensions and are doing pretty well with them.

mdkuni said:
Sportfury said:

Stop wasting your time on the stock skid. Get a ZX2 and be done with it. I was in your position for a long time and kept playing the, well I will just fix this and things will be fine game. It get's old. Once forking out the $$ for the ZX2 I have not looked back. 14,000 miles on the skid and it was the best decision I have made for my Apex. Ride quality is great and durability is second to none.

How much is the ZX2 and does it give you more travel for suspension bottoming?

:rocks:

Zx2 or M10 air

zx2 is one sid fits all 121 128 136 144 or maybe 162 what I liked about the zx2 over the m10 is that there is two different shot so you get smooth ride 75% and firm or stiff 25% of the time . Where the m10 air is set or fix when you pump it up. I ride fast and hard and need a suspension there when I need because if you have ever bottomed out at 75 or 90 it is not fun or safe. I dont go looking for bumps but when i get in them I want to get out as soon as possible. When you take bumps slow I dont care what kind of suspension you have they are no fun.zx2 claims that they are a industructable unless you have a crash but the suspension can take what rider and sled can deliver. I am ready to take the best running sled on the market and give it a great ride. Does anybody have any coments on the m10 or m20 air ride. I think putting a new track and a whole new rear suspension doing it the best you can is a whole lot cheeper than buying a new sled.

why snowmobile if you not happy or soar!,I have a 2006 attak & I weigh 230lbs dressed , the mono was constantly apart for repair(new spring,shock revalves,arms) now a zx2 that I got from totally yamaha member (thanks again) this suspension rocks, beat the crap out of it last year 2600 km. took it out last fall for a good check up, the things is mint. looks new! put new slidders on it beat it some more ( low snow in northern ontario) I actually look forward to ridding again,again,again. thinking of stretching to 144" or set back to get a little better off trail.THE REAR SKID COMPLEMENT THE 4 STROKE POWER anough said! I do not regret this skid at all. I might not always have Yamaha, but chances are I will have a zx2.....

Apex2006 said:
mdkuni said:
Sportfury said:

Can I see a pic with it installed? Thanks! ;)!

MikeAttakNYC said:
mdkuni- how aggressive do you ride? do you hit and jumps, etc.. im real interested in the skid in the 144 length but weary on the toughnes of it

Personally I feel I am one of the more aggressive riders you will find. I ride a lot of miles and my speed does not change because moguls appear. I ride trails, lakes and power lines. So the majority of my rough riding comes from riding whooped out trails or power lines hard. I am not jumping off ramps or anything like that.

On the stock monoshock, I broke: both rails, the front arm three times, transfer rod once, and the rear shock mount once in 10,000 miles. Not to mention the grease, bushings, and hyfax.

In 14,000 miles I have had no major failures on the ZX2 and I ride this skid harder than the monoshock. I have replaced wheels. hyfax (only once), and a couple shock bushings. This skid cannot be touched for its durability.

Apex2006 said:
Apex2006 said:
mdkuni said:
Sportfury said:

Can I see a pic with it installed? Thanks! ;)!

http://www.adboivin.com/zx2_suspension_home.aspx

I just ripped out the mono EC and installed my Zx2 from my previous install on my RX1, hot DANG I forgot how good of a skid it is. It just flat out rocks, I am over 3000 miles on hyfax and I never get over 1000 on any sled I have owned (low snow around here).

I dont think you will find a harder rider then mdkuni on here that has put the ZX2 through its paces like he has, it passed his test so I know mine will last forever LOL.

Do it dont look back you will absolutly love it, it changes the sled all for the better.

Zx2 or AIR M10

After Hearing mostly good things about the zx2 I think am pulling the trigger I Didnt get any feed back on the m10.or M20. Has anyone really triewd and liked it. I want a good ride with dependabiltiy without it getting to stiff. New cobra trac new bearings upper and lower Jack shaft. Any reason why the nut comes loose on the upper insde jack shaft Happened on my 06 and 07 caught this one in time no damage. Thanks for all your inputs. Oh buy the way they say that there is no reason to replace the drivers. what do you think.

this is what mine look's like

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 143

Back