• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M10 in RX-1 Help Please - rear slider blocks not sliding!

Yep, that's where it's mounted. It's the original bolt hole on the 03 RX1.
I personally think the 25.55" is off just by a hair.
There's no way the rear arm can be adjusted to make the angle steeper when the shock is in..except for adjusting the FRA.

Hey-Groomer driver....can you take a look at the rear plates bolted to the tunnel. Is the top of the plate up against the top of the tunnel? How much clearance do you have between the track and tunnel?
Any help is appreciated.

D

Gap between tunnel and track is 3/4". No, the bracket is not tight up against the top of the tunnel. Didn't measure but can if needed.

Being the anal person I am (well I don't polish my sled every day..I just ride) I measured 10X and drilled 1X. My skid installed (using FAST Instructions) as advertised and has performed flawlessly.

Attachments

• Dec Pics 035.jpg
    Dec Pics 035.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Dec Pics 036.jpg
    Dec Pics 036.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Dec Pics 039.jpg
    Dec Pics 039.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Dec Pics 040.jpg
    Dec Pics 040.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 99
I just took a quick look at the TY instructions and if the 03 RX1 chassis is the same as my 05 Vector, man, it just doesn't look right.

I mounted mine per the FAST instructions. What's the difference between a Metric M10 and the newer, standard M10?

D'oh!!!!!...I think you meant between the TOP of the track and tunnel. Will measure and repost in a little while.

Thanks a ton, we're gonna figure this out eventually.
I don't believe there are any geometry changes or anything.I think the only difference is the rear slider assembly and the use of SAE bolts, instead of metric. By any chance, do you have the FAST instructions?
I think the FAST directions are posted already, not need for them. (edit)
D

Did you find the problem?

My first guess is your mount points are off.

What is the measurement from the FTA lower mount hole to the RTA lower mount hole when fully forward in the slot? The distance between the upper FTA and RTA mount holes should be SLIGHTLY MORE (.125") than the distance between the lower mount holes.

Are both your shocks mounted with the shafts down? FAST's shocks are always emulsion charged so thay would feel soft or spongy on initial travel if mounted with the shafts up.

I'll have to do some measuring tomorrow when he brings the sled here. Are you talking about the FTA mount on the rail? And the RTA lower mount? Not too sure what you mean here.

It's early and I'm a little foggy yet! I'm also a Polaris guy so I'm a little slow.

The shocks are Fox and mounted with the shaft up. I have 2 like this too. They both have been rebuilt by me. I've even given up one of my good shocks just to make sure it was not a shock problem. Nope, not a shock problem.

He adjusted the FRA to MAX and says it works fine now. I'm still GUESSING the mount point of the rear is off just a hair. If the rear shock is standing straight up, thus increasing the height of the rear arm, then the blocks move as they are supposed too.

Thanks for the help.
D

Dman142 said:
I'll have to do some measuring tomorrow when he brings the sled here. Are you talking about the FTA mount on the rail? And the RTA lower mount? Not too sure what you mean here.

It's early and I'm a little foggy yet! I'm also a Polaris guy so I'm a little slow.

The shocks are Fox and mounted with the shaft up. I have 2 like this too. They both have been rebuilt by me. I've even given up one of my good shocks just to make sure it was not a shock problem. Nope, not a shock problem.

He adjusted the FRA to MAX and says it works fine now. I'm still GUESSING the mount point of the rear is off just a hair. If the rear shock is standing straight up, thus increasing the height of the rear arm, then the blocks move as they are supposed too.

Thanks for the help.
D

Yes, compare distance between FTA lower mount on rail and RTA mount in slot to the distance between the upper FTA and RTA mount points. Hope that makes sense. When full forward in slot the lower measurement should be slightly less than upper measurement.

Sounds like he is using the FRA to mask the real problem. Good luck!

Back