• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

make my viper fast

buster2765

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha sr viper stx dx
Picking up a new 2015 viper stx dx Monday, very excited, but looking for more top end. What are my options

Welcome to this site and congratulations on your new sled. I think you will absolutely love it. (same sled here) There are so many talented people on this site with helpful information to assist with your options. Merry Christmas!

I bought the same sled as a left over last Feb. Low snow conditions meant I only got to put 1700km(1000miles) on it so far.
It tops out at 148kph(91). Gets to 135(85) quickly then flatens out. The engine is still opening up and was getting stronger all of the time as the spring came on. Does what I need it to do, as most of my riding if off trail. Search what the XTX guys have done, same skid with more lug.

I'm waiting to put another 1000km on before I start playing with anything.

Easiest way to get more top speed is a good clutch kit.
I would suggest one with screws and washer weights, or magnets. As the motor breaks in you will need to add weight to the clutches to keep the motor from hitting the rev limiter.

If you decide to go with the clutching on the cheap kit (cotc) kit, you can make it work, its just a lot harder to add weight/rivets and you need to buy a decent selection of rivets so you can add weight when needed.

Theres tons of different kits out there and there will be a million different opinions, do a search and see what fits your needs and budget

My best advice is either appreciate it for what it is or plan on getting out the wallet. Not all Vipers "wake up" with simple mods and few if any are consistently fast on top end in varying conditions.

Don't even waste your money on exhaust and stuff. Clutch kit will help or straight to turbo or sidewinder. I spent a lot with not to much improvement. Will never do that again.

Don't even waste your money on exhaust and stuff. Clutch kit will help or straight to turbo or sidewinder. I spent a lot with not to much improvement. Will never do that again.
X3 free intake mod and clutch kit or go straight to a turbo. $1500 in mods and only 3MPH faster than stock. What a waste and disappointment. Cans going up for sale.

Turbo! A lot of "Bang for the buck". EBay prices are pretty reasonable right now. About half what I paid. Just my 2 Cents.

X3 free intake mod and clutch kit or go straight to a turbo. $1500 in mods and only 3MPH faster than stock. What a waste and disappointment. Cans going up for sale.

You may not have gained much top end, but what were the gains mid range? I did all the basic bolt ons to my Nytro and it's still not a top end sled, but it's a beast from 0-100. Imo it's about usable gains...the power down low and in the mid range is what you'll use

Back