• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MAKING USE OF THE FACTORY RACK ON VENTURE LITE

Tks for the pics, looks good and the colour match is right on. One comment though, the access to the space under the carrier is now limited or inaccessible.

BTW, didn't you try a soft type ATV carrier first or was that someone else? (I saw pics somewhere on here)

Hey bomba. yes i did have a soft atv bag on it that i had posted pix of b4, but it weathered kinda bad so i decided 2 change th setup. You can still get items under the trunk, and in2 the rack. In front of the trunk there is room 4 two 1 gallon gas cans,,,the plastic ones if u decide 2 bring extra along.

That looks really good! It looks like it has a built-in backrest. Is this right? I don't have a rear seat at all on my Venture MP but getting the whole kit is pricey ($1200). If I could just get the seat bottom with this box and backrest could make it affordable. Would you have the make and model number or which motorcycle it fits? How much did it cost?

Another poster used some sort of hinges and locking mechanism to tilt another type of box on the same sled. Something similar could probably be done to allow access to the underside storage.

Thanks.

LLCCD69 said:
Hey bomba. yes i did have a soft atv bag on it that i had posted pix of b4, but it weathered kinda bad so i decided 2 change th setup. You can still get items under the trunk, and in2 the rack. In front of the trunk there is room 4 two 1 gallon gas cans,,,the plastic ones if u decide 2 bring extra along.

Yes on closer look I can see the extra space. Very cool looking - you have a conversation piece there I'd say.
That's one thing I like about the VL/MP is the huge storage area.

Looks like a "harley ha" now. :tg:

Good engineering on your part, is it from a Harley? Givi makes some different designed hard bags that alot of guys on my ZRX bike forum run but just a shell you hook to a rear rack, no backrest look to 'em.

Got the trunk from a company in cal. Harley n honda trunks were about 500 bux :o| Thia one was 100bux and the factory paint was about another 100. Its funny u said it looks like a harley...a couple of my buddies said almost the same thing :Rockon: Was a fun project especially cuz it turned out lookin like i wanted it 2

LLCCD69 said:
Got the trunk from a company in cal. Harley n honda trunks were about 500 bux :o| Thia one was 100bux and the factory paint was about another 100. Its funny u said it looks like a harley...a couple of my buddies said almost the same thing :Rockon: Was a fun project especially cuz it turned out lookin like i wanted it 2

Although I'm not a fan of Harleys (Kawasaki ZRX 1200r- naked sportbike type) they do have a very high quality in the paint dept. It looks like a Harley bag because of the squareness. Will a to go cooler fit in it? :-o

Enjoy the extra space! ;)!

Back