• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

March 13th Boosted Sled Shoot Out

aja636 said:
Mark, we have more fun racing in the snow anyway. Constant changing conditions, win one weekend, lose the next, more people getting into snow racing then getting into Ice racing. Then we still can ride our sleds down the trail.

Ted glad to hear you did good up at goldenchild! That apex looks nice. You coming up for the 13th? I still owe you that cheeseburger and beer from last year!!

You have no idea how really nice that APEX is unless you see it in person. And boy does it run!
I was fortunate (some would say unfortunate) enough to line up against my good friend and his APEX during the qualifications at the Goldenchilds.
He smoked my a$$ really bad posting a 5.0 @ 139.51 in crap conditions vs my sorry 5.4 at 126.26. He went by me soooo fast I almost lost my helmet! Here are two You-Tube vids of the sled in action.
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKQMq4uZlrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhiaX5O0Byg

How did Woody's sled make out?

Otis, Ted, I know that fall probably hurt, and that Ice hurts, but that is funny, I am sorry, But it like your standing, then its all legs and arms flying...

Reminds me of the one time we brought a newbie up to ride for the weekend, and we put him on dads Warrior that was all clutched up and picked up real good, we told him to hold on tight when he hits the gas cuase she launched hard. the guys like I can do it yeah yeah yeah, next thing he whacks it. And it looked just like a Cartoon, sled is gone and he is still in the crouched position in the air. does a few tumbles on the ice gets up and says I wasn't ready for that.....Well thank you captain obvious.. We still laugh at that cause now the guy rides every weekend with us.

i really hope this happens! I can make it and really want to come. THeir are up hill drags down in greenwich but would rather come to old forge because its waaaaay closer. Prolly wont be able to tell until the day before but I will keep my eye on this

Ted , You look like Angelina the Ballerina back there, I,m going to take lessons off you on falling ;)!

Well boys isnt looking to great up here now, slushy warm and sunny, seems like we need a boat instead. Might be done till next year....

AJ - might want to check out first lake, there is an airplane out there this morning practicing (?) landings. It appears to have wheels, rather than skis, can't be too soupy?

:flag:

On the hard pack is ok, gets really soft once the sun gets up,we will see. Just got in from testing the new sled over at Snowridge, Might be ok we will see how the week looks. maybe do a 9 am start.

well so far every one I have talked to wants to roll reguardless. So 8 AM big moose Sat the 13th we run till it gets to warm and slushy. F it last weekend, lets roll it out. My Yamaha is going out in pieces in the mail but my new sled will be there along with some other good running stuff. Got the old mans dialed in.. we need one more weekend to play!!! I am buying the first round afterwards!!!

Back