• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

March is over, how did training in Italy go?

Italy Training

Yes we learned a lot and will be posting maps on our website.
We can add more fuel by going up to 150%
Hoping to better help our customers and make sleds run better.
We got to see dyno's that Rapid builds working.
Lots of farm tractor fuel saving and power on them.
Big trucks that are using propane and natural gas mix.
New EVO coming for next fall and we are hoping to have a setup done soon with testing before snow is gone.
Food was great and service.
Treated us like kings!!
Dave Marshall brought his family and took a look around Rome and other places.

yammi4ever said:
what is EVO

Here is some info the RB EVO. I am a bit confused as to what they are talking about with regards to the o2 sensor. Can this run closed loop and be constantly adjusting the map for optimum efficiency? Could it be used to replace using the Rapid Bike Tuner? The english explanation on their site leaves much to be desired IMO. Powderlites is testing one though, they should be able to better explain its features in the coming months.

http://web.dimsport.com/rapidbike/rapidbike.php#tab2

Rapid Bike EVO - add–on module to set and control carburation of bikes

"total injection control" is the name of the RB tecnology evolution: setting and control of fuel injection system with a single module, the RB EVO. It works simultaneously on the injection values and on the signal of the Oxigen sensor, so maintaining performance over time.
Technical Features:

* Management of up to 8 injectors with the possibility to reach up to 150% more and 100% less in the injection time
* Modulation of Oxigen-sensor signal following the injection map (RB-O2 and Rapid Bike in one module)
* Management of electronic shift with possibility to modify the Cut-off time according to RPM and gear position
* Advanced change of maps following features that can range from the gear engaged up to the position of the injector
* Change of maps while riding by using the optional switch on handlebar
* Maps that can be customized with 320 points gain and RPM figures with steps of 50 RPM
* Managment of the signal coming from gear position in order to remove speed limiter
* Advanced features for map managment following the position of gear change
* Self-correction of maps through steps and timer range
* CAN-bus line for interaction with peripheral devices and reading of engine working parameters
* Waterproof wires with OEM connectors
* Compatible with all accessories, Dynolink and Tuning Bike included
* Case made of aluminum alloy-castings
* 12v dc power supply and USB PC-connection

Can it be used like a Autotune if you put o2 sensor to it?
Can it tune a map just by puting in the o2 values you want and then it makes a fuel-map by itself?

Just talked to dave at PL he said the EVO has no timing control and doesnt piggy back with the RB 3 for timing....

My thoughts exactly. We need a box thats closed looped and runs on a NTK sensor (for leaded fuels) and will auto tune for elevation and temperature changes. Who's gonna make it happen??? I will buy one

JIM said:
My thoughts exactly. We need a box thats closed looped and runs on a NTK sensor (for leaded fuels) and will auto tune for elevation and temperature changes. Who's gonna make it happen??? I will buy one

Well , your not asking for much , are you willing to spend $3000-$4000 for it? :-o

Yes if it meant no more lap top, or no more seasons of tuning. I have over 30 thousand dollars in my sled whats another 3-4K ?? Really? I think for the piece of mind to just ride and put gas in, I would be all over it if it ran flawless!!!!

The power commander 5 with auto tune should be the answer when is comes out for the sleds it works great on the R1 bikes so it should be out soon. Pro fueler or the closed loop system that impulse and mpi have out are complete computer system for under $1500 nytro setups are out there and work flawless also the apex should be ready this year. so ithink dimsport will have to relase something better than this evo.

Back