• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Marginal Snow Wheel Kit

LuvMyWarrior

Extreme
Hello,

Looking for feedback on the Marginal Snow Wheel Kit and whether or not it makes a difference on hyfax wear. If anyone has any feedback on how the kits has worked for them that would be great. I would also like to see pictures of the kit on a sled to see what an installed kit looks like.

Thanks!

I had it on my 03 rx-1 and I think because of it it had the original hyfax on it when I sold it with over 5k.I ;)! think it was worth the money.

skip the 80 dollars and spend 100 and put on all ski doo wheels 5.350" and now you got something real good!!!

Marginal wheels

I have them on my Apex, mounted at the front bend in the rails-work fine.

What is the part number on the DOO wheels and do they bolt right up?

LuvMyWarrior said:
Hello,

Looking for feedback on the Marginal Snow Wheel Kit and whether or not it makes a difference on hyfax wear. If anyone has any feedback on how the kits has worked for them that would be great. I would also like to see pictures of the kit on a sled to see what an installed kit looks like.

Thanks!

shown in pics below is the FIX wheel kit....this is the HIGHEST WEAR spot on the apex,where sliders wear out first.'

I have never had an issue at the BEND near front,they will wear near bend but will stop before the line...

the place infront of REAR inner wheels is where they wear out,and FIXs kit is small enough to place there...its called the FIX MID wheel kit..and I love mine.

dan

Attachments

• sledstuff (4).jpg
    sledstuff (4).jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 107
  • sledstuff.jpg
    sledstuff.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 115
One pair of marginal snow wheel's tight to the rear of the front rubber bumper's will solve your problem's. The rear will only wear in till the majority of the pressure is on the wheel's (Mono skid only). On the ProActive skid you need them in the rear due to no wheel's, The front curve is not a problem due to a flater approach angle resulting in less pressure on the curve. The Apex heat's the front curve more on decell frome engine breaking. DO NOT!!! loosen track to help with slide wear. I just went through track clip problem's,and after much time with a contact at Yamaha and camoplast we are quite sure it is frome track slap on approach to the slide rail frome loose track and or track ballooning at high speed's for long period's of time, I could actualy feel a slight vibration in my feet frome this. I may need a new track. Doing this on real hard surfaces multiply's this problem. Kviper

Anybdy give me the DOO part number for the wheels and do they bolt right on?

JTD0314 said:
What is the part number on the DOO wheels and do they bolt right up?
I am not sure what the part number is but yes you just put in some 6202 or 6204 bearings and bolt them on. If my memory serves me correctly I paid $20.34 each with the bearings in them If you need to pop the 2 piece plastic bushing for the Ski-Poo then do it. I did. The wheel size is a 5.350 and the Yamaha is a 5.300. That difference is HUGE when it comes to the easier rolling resistance of the track from binding on the hyfax and clips. It lightens the laod all the way around and will get you a couple of MPH on top end I noticed about 6 MPH difference across the lakes.

Wheel Kit

Installed them in 04 on new Warrior.
They help but slides still wear in between the helper wheels and the first set of boggies directly behind them. no cure for that,
Still got 1 1/2 seasons though.

Back