• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

may throw in the towel on Yamaha

I had an 04 rx1, sway bars, skis shocks rebilt+revaled, just could not get it to handle, to heavy. I got rid of that and got 06rtx, did all the stuff to that too, to heavy. I went back to 2 stroke, did not want to but wanted to give the xp a try? Sorry guys, they don't last as long but they are alot more fun to ride. The yamaha is just to heavy for me, it all depends on how you ride it I guess? The 4 s motor is so nice, just to heavy. The 2 s motor won't last as long but is so light and pepy, to me = more fun !!

I love the motor too much too switch. I think I'm going with an m-10 or airwave this year. I've put literally over 2 grand in the suspension. It works great now, but i still blow the shock about twice a season, I'm lucky to get 1000 miles out of sliders and now the rails look tweaked. Not to mention broken wheels. I had an m-10 on my rxwarrior and never had a problem with it. I know about the approach angle and loss of top speed with them but I rather that than wrenching on it when it's snowing.

rtflex2 said:
I had an 04 rx1, sway bars, skis shocks rebilt+revaled, just could not get it to handle, to heavy. I got rid of that and got 06rtx, did all the stuff to that too, to heavy. I went back to 2 stroke, did not want to but wanted to give the xp a try? Sorry guys, they don't last as long but they are alot more fun to ride. The yamaha is just to heavy for me, it all depends on how you ride it I guess? The 4 s motor is so nice, just to heavy. The 2 s motor won't last as long but is so light and pepy, to me = more fun !!

Ya... you gotta have some decent arm muscle to handle the heavier sleds... Its not a problem for me, I just throw it where I want it..

Back