• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MC-Express vs Bender Mtn Perf Turbo

HYERUP

Pro
Question for you guys running the MC-Express unit: Why did you choose it over the Bender/Mtn Perf set-up? IE: what is so great about it, and why do you think it is better? I've heard it is $500-$1000 bucks less. Is that the major reason?
Another Question: How does the MC Express kit deliver the extra fuel (vs Pitot tube system in Bender)?

The reason I went with the mc unit was after seeing how well Climbax's and his freinds worked.After doing some more homework I discoverd that mc-xpress has been building turbo kits for bikes for over 20 years and on the R1 motor wich is what the rx-1motor is based on. The main reason was that my mechanic was already familiar with the mc kits.
There is a airline that runs between the intercooler and the fuel pressure regulator , so when the turbo creates boost ,thats how they get more fuel. I'd be interested to find out how the air pitot system works on the bender's kit. I like the idea of being able to lean it out at higher elevations.The only problem I have with my mc rear mounted kit is that at elevation and under boost if i happen to chop the throttle it sometimes dies (flame out) and this is a scary thing to happen in some of the places we go! I have heard of a few fix's for this to try this year,and with about 150 mc rear kits being sold to north america this year i'm sure we will get that problem worked out .

Bender uses a similar pressure regulator, but that does not increase fuel in the mixture. That setup simply increases the fuel pressure to the carbs so that the boost does not over come it.

The pitot is a seperate system that goes direct to the float bowls and adds pressure to them thereby richening the air/fuel mixture.

If you are flooding out when letting off the throttle abruptly while under boost then my bet is you have to much fuel pressure. There are several things that can cause this. Two possibilities are incorrect setting of the regulator, or a slow reacting regulator. Check your pressure relative to boost level. Your pressure should be in the neighborhood of 2 pounds greater than your boost level. This should change along with the boost level so that there is always the same diferrence. Also check to see that when the boost drops your fuel pressure also immediately drops. If your regulator is slow to react for any reason then it will cause to much fuel pressure and the fuel will go past your needle and flood you out.

just my $.02

Back