• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mice ate my coil wires!

R00STER

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro xtx 1.75
I had to park my sled outside for a while this summer as I was building a new sled shed to give it a better home. And like the title says, the little bastards built a nest on the engine, and they ate the coil (plug) wires. They also messed with one of the connectors, so I'm not able to simply replace the wires, I need to replace. Anyways, I am unable to identify the coil wires on the micro-fiche. Can anybody tell me with confidence which part number it is, my local shop was unable to identify the proper wire on the computer, and they phoned Yamaha Canada, who was unable to say what the part number was for a simple coil wire! Makes my head hurt ffs. I would like to get the wire this week so I can move the sled back indoors, but I do have about 10 mouse traps in it now, lol.

Oh man I hate Mice! Wouldn't the wires be part of the whole engine harness? If so maybe call Travis at BOP and see what a new harness is or whether he has one he would be willing to clip the wires and plus off so you could repair yours.

Here is a shining example of the type of real sledders that frequent this site. Here is the last message I received from zx4ever.

"I sent it out. It fit in the envelope slot and only cost 2$ hope it works out for you pay it forward to someone else."

After dealing with the lack of knowledge at my local dealership, and their lack of caring if my sled would run this year or not, this has turned my mood entirely around and I am so impressed with the caliber of members around here! The dealer just wanted to sell a new harness for 850 bucks plus taxes! with all of this COVID happenings I could not afford 85 bucks ffs.
Now its going to be time to fix the sled up and start dreaming about snow.

Totally agree with the comments above about this forum its amazing members but the ultimate pay it forward would be to at least become VIP members on this site to help support the forum that makes thinks like this happen all while saving some coin. Having access to service manuals is also nice but the breadth of information on this forum and its members pales in comparison to them and just would hate to lose this site due to lack of support.

Back