• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

money to spend

Fastrack

Veteran
Hey guys, just did our last ride of the year last friday, and now i'm already thinking on what to do for next year :Rockon: I've got about $6000 to spend. I have the new skins front end already and the airframe board as well as the MCX 180 kit. What do you think i should do next? I want a new track, probably CE, Maybe the timbersled rear suspension or new tunnel or 240 kit... I'm open to suggestions

Fastrack said:
Hey guys, just did our last ride of the year last friday, and now i'm already thinking on what to do for next year :Rockon: I've got about $6000 to spend. I have the new skins front end already and the airframe board as well as the MCX 180 kit. What do you think i should do next? I want a new track, probably CE, Maybe the timbersled rear suspension or new tunnel or 240 kit... I'm open to suggestions

Skid and Track first, then decide what to do with the rest.

i would agree. you already have boost and some of the other stuff, like the front end and running boards. get a rear skid and track to put that power to the snow

Get an Easy-Ryde skid you won't be sorry.

big_red1a said:
If you are happy with the power do a tiber skid and camo extreme track. Both great products!

Took the words out of my Mouth, Timbersled MTN Tamer and Camoplast extreme 2.5 or 3", I got them on My Apex, It truly allows you to climb Vertical.

Fastrack said:
you guys know much about kmods rear skid?

I've Owned both K-mod and Timbersled, the coupling design on the Tsled is far superior.

The design of the K-mod is flawed and alows the front shock to work against the rear the last couple inches of travel. Causing a harsh bottoming.

Timbersled Skid
Track- 2.5"

Dont waste money on bigger boost kit, it wont net you that much more...(my opinion)

Possibly AirFrame hood to get underhood temps down...

you don't think upgrading to the 240 kit is worth it? It would only cost me $2400 to get the 240 kit since i already have the 180. We get some pretty deep powder up here. Right now i could get the kit, track and skid for under $6000. I would still need to get avid driver i guess

Fastrack said:
you don't think upgrading to the 240 kit is worth it? It would only cost me $2400 to get the 240 kit since i already have the 180. We get some pretty deep powder up here. Right now i could get the kit, track and skid for under $6000. I would still need to get avid driver i guess

having gone to the mid level of boost (I consider that anything from 200-300HP) I truly did not notice a massive difference in what I could accomplish once I was above 200HP...which the 180 kit can actually get pretty close to 200HP...

the bigger differences were in suspension and track...i liken the HP game to Hunting rifles...what caliber kills an elk faster? the .270? .300 win mag? .416 cheytac? .50 BMG?

answer? none...you still have to have the skill to handle it...and if you have the skill you still wont kill it any faster, and in fact you might cause more problems with bigger calibers/HP...even though it sounds good to talk about 250+ HP, and .50 BMG's

:die :die :die :die

also, not all 180 kits are set up the same...I have ridden with some that will stick neck and neck with other kits that are well north of 230HP

...and I have ridden with others with the 180 kits that were not much more than stock power....

Back