• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono Shock Issues.

700SCOTT said:
two w arms in 2500 miles, two adjuster cables, bushings wasted front and rear sus. both times it went in for the w arm (still at the dealer since feb from the last arm failure) last failure took out the track. from what i heard there is an update on the arms and a cable guard for the shock, god i hope it's true. i've been thinking about getting the yes warranty just because of the issues last year.

No offense meant here, but if your Avatar is you and that is any indication of how you ride your sled, then I am not surprised at the damage you are referring to.

700SCOTT said:
out of curiosity where did you rail crack at? i might want to take a close look at mine whenever i get it back from the dealer.

Sorry I missed this post. The cracks form around the middle idler wheels (in front of the rear axle). There are some pictures here (I think in the suspension forum) of some cracked right through and the wheels falling off. The cracks on mine haven't gone all the way around the idlers yet.

QCRider said:
No offense meant here, but if your Avatar is you and that is any indication of how you ride your sled, then I am not surprised at the damage you are referring to.

no offense taken but what you have to realize is that the pic was taken in 2 1/2 or more feet of snow and that was a one day affair. 99% of my milage is done with the wife and kid so you answer is no i don't beat the piss out of the sled truely.

ReX said:
Your story sounds very similar to mine. My sled is in my barn but it's been waiting for parts and broken down since February too.

When 2nd arm failed it also took out my track. Was your track covered by Yamaha? I gave up fighting and bought a new one out of pocket.
I truely don't know if yamaha covered it or the dealer ate it. Figure i bought three new machines last year and quite a few from them in the past, so they might have been doing it to keep me happy. the dealer has been great to me with any issues i've had lately and in the past.

Back