• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono shock - Rebound dampening - 06 attak and RTX

Tod

Lifetime Member
On my 06 Attak and my friends 06 RTX it seems as if the rebound dampening is not right. Push down on it and it seems to spring back up a hell of allot more than my 97 700SX and our other friends RX1. It seems fine on the trail but play with it in the garage and it seems to rebound with not much dampening.

I know there have been issues with the Ohlin shock but what about the shock in the Attak or RTX??

Thanks,
Tod

the dial on the tunnel controls rebound as well as compression dampening, so if it is set to soft you will have almost no rebound dampening.

I'm having the same problem. Sag and preload are set right. Compression seems fine, but rebound damping needs to be slower yet. I'm set at the stiffest setting on the dial, but I get the pogo stick rebound on bumps.

The shock could be gone. Can't see the dial being both rebound and compression. If you stand on the back bumper and you can get the sled to pogo then something is wrong. When pushing down hard the shock should come up real slow.

I also thought the valving was for compression only. Mine doesn't pogo sitting still; but on the trail I'd like to stiffen the rebound damping.

mine is also no good, I pulled the boot back & noticed that the cable was BROKE so i will start there. only 1500 miles, I hope the shock is not blown allready. $35.00 for cable. I'm hoping when it's broke that it goes to the softest setting & maybe that will explain my bottoming

Bottoming is more a result of spring preload or the right spring rather than the compression settings.

i have my shock on the 3rd clip the spring preload on 5 and turn the RA on max and it will stilL bottom to easy goona have to get stiffer spring in the summer

I'm 260 lbs before gear. Got the big boy spring. 1st ring clip, 3rd detent on the preload adjuster gives me the 40 mm sag. I still bottom sometimes, but my understanding is you should bottom out sometimes.

I find the longer I ride the more ice builds up under the back of the Attak and the more it bottoms out because of the extra weight.Maybe a rear cooler would fix that.Hard to believe that some one really tested these sleds before sending them out on SNOW!

the RA adjuster is for compression and rebound adjustment, and it affects the rebound much more than the compression adjustment. This is a common misconception with this suspension, but that is how it really is.

Sorry guys, that big boy spring isn't going to cut it and isn't the answer. The shock needs some serious work. Stiffening up the spring may help keep it from bottoming but then when you do compress it the rebound will about throw you over the front. Mine bottomed all weekend and I have my preload all the way up and the adjuster on the tunnel on full hard. And NO, the cable isn't broke because when I turn it back softer you can tell a huge difference.

Back