• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Monoshock - Effects of Transfer on Ride / Bottoming

Bigmax

Veteran
Website
www.wilsonshome.com
On the old no-action ProAction suspension, when you increased the gap on the transfer rods to get more transfer, you also caused the suspension to be un-coupled longer and made it ride softer and it had more of a tendency to bottom out.

Questions is, is there any correlation between the transfer rod setting on the mono shock and how soft the suspension rides? On my SRX I could notice a huge difference by just moving my adjustable rods 1/8 of an inch and would typically run the rods with a little bit smaller gap because it helped with the bottoming. Will decreasing the transfer on the Mono do the same thing?

Thanks,

Chad

No there is no similar effect. ;)!

That was one of the marketing things in the early mono introduction was the 'uncoupling' of ride and wt shift.

I had mine set for less wt shift last year, thinking I could rail better under throttle, and I could. BUT I think I am safer when I think OK out of the throttle for more ski pressure rather than ' Oh nail it I think it will stick'. :ORC

Yamadoo

Back