• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More durable inner idler wheels

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
Can someone confirm that JT wheels will fit the inner idler position now?I am trying to find a wheel that'll last with studs.The last 2 inner skid wheels lasted 145 miles and they are now destroyed.I've tightened the studs twice now,to the point I'm thinking the aluminum nuts are at their max before stripping out.I'm leaning towards a Kimpex wheel with a thick rubber tire but the choices with a 6004 bearing are not as plentiful as hoped.I checked some threads on the JT wheels and am not sure if they have ones that fit the inner position on the ProCross skid.

I got them on my 2018 t cat and they’re holding up just fine with studs. same material as the 4 wheel kit on back. Nice product

I've used the kimpex 04-141-04
They are for skidoo and are 5.5 compared to 5.63 which is just a whisker smaller, but seem to last for me so far.

check out pn 503192794 , 141 mm wheel from brp a perfect fit with 6004 bearing , i have been using these wheels since 2017 with over thousands of miles with a studed track , with no issues

I have a 2017 ltx 137. JT makes wheels to fit any location on the rails. The one bottom set has a different bearing size than the other. I think I had to call them to get it as they weren’t advertised

The JT wheels are very rugged. They are far better than the stock wheels and yes they will fit, but like Clint says one pair has I different size bearing

I’ve never had any failures on any of the stock the wheels in my 17 with studs.

I don't run studs and the rubber ring started to come apart on several of my 2017 wheels. Started to separate from the plastic centers. JT wheels are a very hard plastic.

If you do not run studs then stock wheels will last,.... if you run studs, get the 141mm ski doo wheels. my JT wheels turned int stop signs one season. you need the rubber on them

Last edited:
If you do not run studs then stock wheels will last,.... if you run studs, get the 181mm ski doo wheels. my JT wheels turned int stop signs one season. you need the rubber on them
Agree. I tried another company that offers wheels that had no rubber on them.. One season toast

91900.jpeg

This is what i have been running for replacement idler wheels.

Back