• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motogp is fantastic entertainment

Another snoozer sprint race in motogp.

WSBK is very entertaining however.

BSB produced great racing last weekend also.

Another snoozer sprint race in motogp.

WSBK is very entertaining however.

BSB produced great racing last weekend also.
Those 2024 ducatis just have too much grunt. You can see Pecco and Jorge put 5 bikes on Marc without even trying. 5/10ths between Pecco and and Marc and anther few 10ths to the next fastest 2023. Just shows what an advantage the 2024s have over the 2023s and how good Marc is compared to the rest of the duc riders. But, as you say, it wasn’t an entertaining race. I am way behind on wsbk.

Those 2024 ducatis just have too much grunt. You can see Pecco and Jorge put 5 bikes on Marc without even trying. 5/10ths between Pecco and and Marc and anther few 10ths to the next fastest 2023. Just shows what an advantage the 2024s have over the 2023s and how good Marc is compared to the rest of the duc riders. But, as you say, it wasn’t an entertaining race. I am way behind on wsbk.
Makes you wonder what they found to make the bike better. The bikes are so advanced already.

I would love it if BMW joined motogp but I doubt they will. The 1000rr is a great machine and it does well against the competition no matter where it is raced but I cannot see BMW building a one-off for MotoGP as it wouldn't be commercially relevant to them. It suprises me that they have such a large presence at the races (lap car, medical car, sponsorship, signage, etc) so they are aware of the opportunity and are investing enough to maximize the marketing opportunity.

One of the big complaints against motogp is that you cannot buy anything like a motogp bike. Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki sell far more lower displacement bikes worldwide and the move to 850cc machines in 2027 is supposed to address that complaint.

I would love it if BMW joined motogp but I doubt they will. The 1000rr is a great machine and it does well against the competition no matter where it is raced but I cannot see BMW building a one-off for MotoGP as it wouldn't be commercially relevant to them. It suprises me that they have such a large presence at the races (lap car, medical car, sponsorship, signage, etc) so they are aware of the opportunity and are investing enough to maximize the marketing opportunity.

One of the big complaints against motogp is that you cannot buy anything like a motogp bike. Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki sell far more lower displacement bikes worldwide and the move to 850cc machines in 2027 is supposed to address that complaint.
I heard that BMW purchased all of Suzuki's data from their retired motogp program.

I heard that BMW purchased all of Suzuki's data from their retired motogp program.
That is interesting, I had not heard that. Maybe the 2027 bikes are the right entry point for them. Would not make sense before then.

Decent sprint race today that didn't put me to sleep.
I enjoyed seeing Marc win.
Fabio had great corner speed but the Yamaha still disappoints in power.
You'd think after all this time they could figure out this glaring issue.

Back