• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Motor Rebuild (What Pistons to run) with Turbo

submerged

Need to order a motor kit. What Pistons should I run? Stock or some other, maybe with a diff. wrist pin height? Running a Boondocker Turbo, If I run a piston with a lower comp. I might get away from having to run Race fuel everytime if I turn down the boost.
Boondocker said it is a race fuel only app. and that is why the motor was lost. They said 110-112 min. If I get something with a lower comp. I would maybe get away with running Avv. gas is I turn down the boost if I do not want to ride real hard that day, or if I do not have the race gas

Motor is ready to go, just got it back from Mil. technologys, had to re-sleeve and re true the Block.

Thanks for the Help[/b]

Je pistons with extra gaskets would knock your compression down enough there spendy like $500 for two of them, The stock pistons with a head shims are fine, aslong as you dont run lots of boost. Does boondockers knock the timing down like mcxpress ? Outlaw motorsports is the only one I know how sells the Je pistons for the phazer. Theres very little demand for them

everthing

Not sure on the Timming? Any Idea what the stock pistons cost. we have to get a complete motor kit anyway. You recomend the head shim huh? The boost is controled by a Nob on the fly.
It is my dads sled and he does not ride vary hard so he will not need quite the performance as it will get with the Race fuel. If this will allow it to run the avv gas that will be great.
Boondocker told me that it is a race fuel only setup so maybe it does run the advanced timming. That would make sense since they told me to run 110 at 8 lbs boost and at least 112 at 12 lbs of boost.
It does have the control box, I have not read on that but I imagine it would control the timming would it not?

yamaha pistons are just over a $100 a piece Did the sled ever have a head shim when it was installed? Im pretty shure the boondockers box does not control the timing on this motor. You can buy a head shim from
www.powderlites.com

the yamaha pistons and a headshim are going to be the cheapest setup.

on the mcpress kit a shim with the stock pistons and timing turned back is good for 12 to14 lbs on 92 octane.

Back