• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Ski?

Nikolai said:
You bring up a good point and I was thinking about that today. My other concern is that I have a pretty bad angle of attack and although my sled has done fine in the past I'm wondering if more flotation will just cause it to trench by not letting the nose come down enough.
hmm.... that is going to be a good one to test out..

Further on this, I have a friend that put on one of those large skid plates. We noticed a big difference going down hill, in that it was much more controllable and easier to carve. My thoughts are that the sled was "planing" more on the frame / belly pan, then on the skis, making it maneuver better with less ski input.

I know sometimes if the snow isn't that deep, it can take quite a bit of body english to get my sled to carve down hill. I have to put a lot of weight on the ski to get it to compress and sink into the snow.

Back