• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mounting Garmin 276c or 60csx on attak

Bob Chase

Want to get one of these model gps and am wondering what the best way to mount?

I think I would like the 276c for the bigger display??

Any advise and pics would be appreciated

I have the 276c plus mounted on my attak. This is a very good choice on a sled. It will mount up very nice a couple of ways. Also nice to be able to easily remove (theft) when you leave your sled. I have been using a gps on sleds since 1998. Started with Garmin gps II, then gps III plus, then 276c plus. I made a simple alum bracket and drilled the riser to install the marine mount. I will try to get a pic but it will be a week or so.

I just bought and mounted a garmin 60 csx. I bought a Ram mount that attaches to the handle bar and the bare wire power cable. I attached the mount on the right side of the handlebar just above the gas tank. Then I ran the gps power cable down beside the electrical wires that power the hand warmers along the frame and tied into the battery leads that you can use to boost the sled. Use a couple small bolts and washers through these leads to make your electrical connections tight and secure. Then go back and use tape to fasten the power cable out of the way to the frame. it's a quick and easy install. By the way two points 1) make sure the power cable has the fuse in it. 2) make sure your mount is a good solid mount, you don't need the gps falling off or shaking so bad you can't read it, this is why I went to the Ram Mount.
Hope this may help you. ;)!

To keep it easy for you, the folks at cyclegadgets.com are sooo helpful

here are proposed RAM mounts for the 276
http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/RA ... RAM-GPS176

except my current favorite is using this piece to start, drill and thread a hole in your aluminum handlebar riser to mount the base.

RAM-9M_thumb.gif

just about all this info is already available in our gps section

here is mine but my current favorite starting point is the single hole mount with the ball on an angle (the 1st pic I posted)

GPS1.jpg
[/img]

Garmin 276, 376 StreetPilot 27XX-28xx and zumo are THE only (garmin )units that are viewable in bright sunlight I believe. My streetpilot Deluxs was hard to see on a sunny day.

Getting into the detail on the specs, the ZUMO really scared me off because it's operating range only goes down to around 32 deg F.
Yikes......that is NOT good!!

I used the marine mount that came with the garmin. It has a safety lock (see red arrow) to hopefully keep it attached on rough trails.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 159
MXD said:
Here is my set up

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

I want your setup for my 60cs.. Nice job

Is the riser on the Apex solid alumium? I'd like to know before I start to drill and tap it for the ram mount.

Phazernut said:
So I take it there is nothing in there to worry about drilling through
Phazernut- You won't have any problem with drilling and tapping. I would try to offset the mount so it is not above the riser pad. You don't want to hit it or have it take a hit during a roll.

Back