• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Moving Nytro Taillight

SSX600

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX, 1997 Mtn Max 600, 1998 SSX600, 1975 SM292F, 1987 Inviter
I know that some of the TYer's have moved there taillights on there Nytro XTX'x to the rear of the machine. I need to move mine because of the rear heat exchanger I am installing on my machine. If someone out there can post some pics of this modifaction I would like to see them. Maybe there is some pics on this site if someone could link me to them that would be great.

Thanks

Eric

SSX600 said:
I know that some of the TYer's have moved there taillights on there Nytro XTX'x to the rear of the machine. I need to move mine because of the rear heat exchanger I am installing on my machine. If someone out there can post some pics of this modifaction I would like to see them. Maybe there is some pics on this site if someone could link me to them that would be great.

Thanks

Eric

Id like to hear and see more of your " rear heat exchanger " that your installing.

I replaced mine with a 12 inch trailer light, flush mount above the flap. Ran wires in a sleeve under the tunnel. The new light is much brighter (in both run and brake mode), and out of the way. I did have to bail on a new rear bumper, however, as it would block my new tail light.

No marks - just 6 mounting holes. 6 because there are 4 rivets that hold a bracket with two nuts, underneath the tunnel. The two nuts receive the screws that hold the stock tail light in place.

I think someone has mentioned that you could just reinstall the stock light (less the housing that it sits on) using the two holes left by removing the rear deflector. This protrudes quite a bit though, so I didn't think it would last long, and went with the trailer light option, which looks great, is very flush, and as mentioned, much brighter than the stock light.

MikeAllard said:
No marks - just 6 mounting holes. 6 because there are 4 rivets that hold a bracket with two nuts, underneath the tunnel. The two nuts receive the screws that hold the stock tail light in place.

I think someone has mentioned that you could just reinstall the stock light (less the housing that it sits on) using the two holes left by removing the rear deflector. This protrudes quite a bit though, so I didn't think it would last long, and went with the trailer light option, which looks great, is very flush, and as mentioned, much brighter than the stock light.

Yes, just like this.

Tunnelextension.jpg

MikeAllard said:
I replaced mine with a 12 inch trailer light, flush mount above the flap. Ran wires in a sleeve under the tunnel. The new light is much brighter (in both run and brake mode), and out of the way. I did have to bail on a new rear bumper, however, as it would block my new tail light.
iam doing the trailer led light this weekend just above my flap. Hoping for a more clean look and more light.

Is that the bluhm 14.8" euro trailer taillight? I think it is, with the 11 LEDs and all. I am ordering mine this week, it looks like it fits awesome. Take some more pics if you can with the light on/off!

Here is a shot with light off, and shot of harness under tunnel.[/img]

Attachments

• TL-Off.JPG
    TL-Off.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 576
  • TL-Harness.JPG
    TL-Harness.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 530
  • TL-Off.JPG
    TL-Off.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 508
Got this one from Custom Dynamics called Knight Riderz

Attachments

• DSC00786.JPG
    DSC00786.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 881
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 627
That one looks great too, but is it very bright in the trails / snowdust?

Back