• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

moving

zeke-xtx

Extreme
Hi all
It looks like I may be moving to Vancouver for work and I am used to lake riding!! What kinds of mods are needed to my XTX for mountain riding? Do I need a new skid? Turbo is a must I would think. I have never done any mountain riding so please some suggestions
Thanks

Selling it and buying a mountain sled. By the time you get the xtx up to running in the deep you could of had one bad #*$&@ mountain sled.

APEX 06 said:
Selling it and buying a mountain sled. By the time you get the xtx up to running in the deep you could of had one bad #*$&@ mountain sled.

x2 Also, a 4 stroke mountain sled has more trade offs vs two strokes in the steep and deep than it does for flat land riding. You might want to at least consider a lightweight two stroke if you are going to make a change. A 4 stroke is probably going to take some mods to get it where some of the new two strokes are right out of the box. If you are into that, then go for it, but I would start with a 10 or newer Nytro MTX platform.

Ya, I'd just sell and grab a purpose built mountain sled. Pick your poison, sure thing is there's a lot of good ones to chose from out there.....

APEX 06 said:
4 stroke can go anywhere a 2 stroke can out of the box

May be true for flat land riding and boondocking but not mtn riding.
My crossfire 1000 136x2" track went through more in the snowy range mtns then both of my old apex mtn's went through with a 162x16x2.25" track.I think mostly because of the maverick track.

You see very few Mt. sleds on the trails here in the mid west. That's because there are sleds that are made for trail riding that do a much better job.
The same should be true for Mt. riding - get a sled that is made for that terrain. It will do a much better job!

IMO, I would wait and see how people like the new cats. You could keep the 4 stroke powerband you are used to and make er into a 250 HP Monster for a third of what it would cost to boost a Yami.

That is if you are planning on buying new and would want to boost- otherwise a two stroke cat or Poo would be my choice. You can make a Yami into monster in the mountains from what I hear- and if your new job pays really well you may want to explore that option...

Back