• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MP dry weight?

perza

Country
Other
Snowmobile
Lynx 49 Ranger 600 E-Tec -15
Ex. Yamaha Venture Multipurpose -11
What is the dry weight of Venture MP (RPZ50MP)?
There is 305 kg in the VIN-plate, but I think that is a curb weight including all operating consumables (motor oil, coolant, brake fluid and a full tank of fuel).

Last edited:

Great guess rayclar! Looking in a service manual from 2008, the dry weight of the PZ50MP (Europe) is listed at 272kg (599.7 pounds). Oddly enough, the PZ50MP (Canada) is listed as weighing only 262kg (577.6 pounds). I'm not sure where the extra weight comes from on the Europe model, but that seems like a significant difference!

The early years in Canada (2007-2009) didn't include the passenger seat and possibly the European model did. That's the only thing I can think of. And that's DRY weight. Add fluids, probably in the 630+lbs.

Ahhh, that would make sense then. I figured maybe a utility rack or something, but the seat would make more sense.

In the owner's manual for the 2013 Venture MP, page 83, the weight with oil and fuel is 670 lbs.

I'm liking this, Yamaha gets such a hard time for being heavy but the MP is just 40 pounds heavier then the Expedition Sport with the 600ACE. That Skidoo has a flimsy aluminum wrap that passes for a rear rack, running boards so light they sell chassis reinforcement kits, likewise a heavy duty rear bumper, no mirrors or skid plate. We have a better front bumper and WAY better seats. Not to hijack a thread, I think this one has run its course, but a great opportunity to speak up for Yamaha in an area where there are few considered apples to apples comparisons. Why don't we talk about power to weight ratio. 80 hp MP vs. 60 hp for the Expy.

I have yet to hear about our sleds bending the front sub-frame. Not sure about current Doos but I know that previous ones had issues with bent NUNs. Hell, I fixed up a Phazer that had crashed in the A-arms and ripped the mounts off the frame. Frame itself was straight, just straightened out the mounts and welded some washers. Powder coat and done.

Light is fine but it has to be strong.

Good thing I can show you a bent MP frame.
I did not expect it so I did not see it when I bought my MP used. Had negative camber on one side and positive camber on the other side, also the caster was wrong.

Well, there's a first for everything! Did it have any other damage? Just wondering what could have caused that kind of tweaking of the frame.

I knew that it had been through some kind of shunt since the front bumper is changed to one from a Lite, but I could not imagine that the frame should be bent. So it has obviously been repaired, they have most likely changed some A-arms and the front bumper.

Back