• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mpi apex keeping throttal bodys open

Faulkner

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 turbo rx-1
2006 MPI supercharged apex
2009 800 assault
2005 900 switchback
I got a 2006 apex with a stage 1 mpi supercharger running 10psi at 1800 feet

Issue i am having is there is around 1 second delay from letting off the throttal to the engine actually returning to idle

There is a MPI BOV (not a bypass valve) on the I intercooler I added an extra return spring on it and it diddnt seem to make any diffrence anyone run across this issue very little comes up in search for this issue

The first thing you have to do is identify whether the throttle is actually sticking slightly open or if there is an air leak. Since the butterflies are cable operated (not drive by wire), the only way they can be hanging open is if they are actually sticking. The return springs on the Apex are fairly strong, it seems hard to believe that would be the cause.

Had the intercooler and throttle bodys off several times diddnt see no obvious air leaks had a spare set of bodys in the shop dissembled them put an extra wrap on the return spring I'll get them reinstalled tomorrow and see how that goes

Are you using a pc3 or pc5? If so, you should be able to tell where the throttle is at via the software.

The spare set of throttle bodys fixed the issue not sure it there was a air leak in the old ones or if the extra spring wrap done it but no more run on

And the BOV is not stuck checked it this morning

Back