• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Apex

jw440/800

Pro
I need some help wit the play sled, I can not keep sliders on this sled. I tried different sized wheels, but they didn't hold up the just blew apart after a few hundred miles. What is everyone doing to keep the sliders?
I'm thinking about trying the Excell wheels, anyone try these?

Thanks

The Excell oversize wheels, or any oversize wheels or the wheel lowering kit from Pioneer will improve the hyfax wear a great deal. I made a set of offset bushings for the stock wheels that lower the wheels by 2 mm. I can now get several thousand miles of life out of the hyfax. The key is to get the bottom of the wheels lower by 2 - 4 mm. I made this modification to my RX-1 and two SRX 700s. Same results, excellent hyfax wear, no more melted hyfax.

excell wheels

Just did the Exceel wheels on my apex as well added the extra wheel at the rea due to the fact that I stretched it to 128" hope it helps because I burbn through 2 sets a year normally

Also, if you have 144" or shorter rails and run a fully clipped track, Yamaha will be selling the DuPont Vespel sliders here in a month or so.

Pricey sliders, but are supposed top last far longer than current sliders. I guess you do need a fully clipped track for them to work tho.

Scatchers help a lot. A friend went through a set in a day in Canada. Put the rail mounted scratchers on and after a week they were like new. That is on a 151"x2".

174" track with no wheels and I havent burned out my hyperfax yet. Used to go through two sets of stockers a year. Stay away from graphite hyfax I've killed those in a matter of hours.

Ratpack said:
Scatchers help a lot. A friend went through a set in a day in Canada. Put the rail mounted scratchers on and after a week they were like new. That is on a 151"x2".
my wifes attak 136 and my 162 by 2 and a half. yammie..scratchers on the trail all the time..over 2000ks still half left..no wheels on mine....when I got my new mountain it came with scratchers on. ;)! ..hmmmm

Back