• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI PERFORMANCE INC.

MOUNTY

Expert
After several month of terrible service, I have decided to post this rant regarding the service I received at MPI. March 2014 I blew my nytro supercharger up. With the assistance of my purchased phyco sled ecu programmer i was able to get it out without incident.
I then looked on line for a possible replacement supercharger as I was well aware that the shaft within the supercharger snapped and required a new one. I did find a supercharger out of the states from Tony, we further spoke again and I informed him that I will speak with MPI and see if the parts are interchangeable from the Apex supercharger to the Nytro supercharger.
I then phoned MPI and spoke with Matt. I explained my situation and resolution regarding purchasing the Apex supercharger and swapping the parts into my blown Supercharger. Matt informed me that it would not be a problem and it would cost me about $100 for the swap. He also stated that I would need to hurray because they were not busy at this time.
I contacted Tony, and requested he send the supercharger to MPI and I will Pay Pal him the funds. Tony forwarded the supercharger and I paid Tony in full, $700.00US. I then contacted Matt at MPI and confirmed he did have in their possession my supercharger.
I then forwarded my blown Nytro supercharger to MPI for repairs, approximately Jul2014. Approximately Sept. 2014 I contacted MPI and spoke with Matt inquiring about my supercharger. He informed me that it is in the works and will be sent out shortly.
In December 2014, I finally received my rebuilt Nytro Supercharger!!!!!!!!YAY......NO.......on the Nytro supercharger there is a brass fitting on the oil return line that simply attaches to an oil line and secured with a clamp.. This fitting was not present......... I then phoned MPI and spoke to Matt and explained that the fitting was not present. We then spoke further and I asked him about the Apex supercharge that was sent to him so the parts could be swapped with mine and he stated that they could not be swapped and new parts were put in mine. HMMMMMMMMM.
At that point, I went back on my visa statements and observed almost a $700.00 bill from MPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost #*$&@ my pants!!! I then phoned MPI, spoke directly with Matt and he stated that the supercharger that was sent to him was not comparable with mine so he had to put all new parts and labor to repair mine!......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have four sledding friends that have come from Saskatchewan-Alberta to go snowmobiling!!!!!I cannot go sledding with them as I have been shafted by MPI!!!!!!! Why am I the victim in a big pile of crap which I totally attempted to avoid?
(MPI,MATT) BE A MAN OR YOUR WORK AND KEEP YOUR REPUTATION IN TACT!

There's always two sides to every story. I need to focus my efforts at taking care of current needs not someone who bought a used blower from a Yamaha Rhino and wanted it to work on his Nytro?? When I get some time I'll explain what happened.

I'm sure there are two sides to every story but, seems like the shafts on these superchargers are failing quite often lately and aren't being replaced in a timely manner. MPI should be carrying a stock of these units for warranty replacements or there reputation is going to suffer. For now I would certainly shy away from a sc and think turbo.

I cant wait to hear your side of the story!! You need to focus on current needs, not some person who does not matter???? I am the customer, you are the company that requires business! You are the company that stated to me you could perform the work I asked to be done!! Your deceptive responses do not falter my opinion of you. You and I know exactly what was conversed/agreed and what I posted earlier is of the best of my knowledge and understanding!Once again Matt you contradict yourself in saying a Rhino supercharger was sent to you??? Even before I sent my supercharger to you, you received the supercharger from Tony. When I confirmed that you received it, I| also confirmed with you that you can swap the guts out from one to another..
I am very careful with the things I buy on line! That is why I got Tony to send the supercharger to you and confirm it was what I was paying for (Apex Supercharger). The only other explanation I can think of is you received it......did not even look at it......and told me it was good anyway??????Which one is it Matt????
Currently MPI is in possession of my property, I would like it back!!You have my address. At this point I will be contacting Tony and he can chime in confirming that the supercharger he sent to you was from an Apex

I have talked to mpi a lot in the last few weeks. Yes it sucks they don't have superchargers in stock! But they are at the mercy of rotrex, and when they wait over 3 months for their order it makes everyone upset. They can't fill orders that have been placed or service the guys with existing kits, that sucks for everyone. I don't think they like taking the calls and having nothing in there power to fix it accept send it in and we'll put it through to warranty.
I honestly believe mpi would have had a new one on its way to me, while mine was being shipped to them if they had it in stock. They have had great customer service and support. I will be sending mine in for warranty and I understand it will take a long time.
NOS-I thought long and hard about pulling everything off and going to a turbo, but I just have to much fun with the supercharger where I live. But maybe on the next one.
To the op, sorry to hear you missed out on riding it sucks big time. I should also be on a week long cross country ride at the moment.
I have also called just about everyone that sells rotrex and no one has stock of the smaller blowers.

I cant wait to hear your side of the story!! You need to focus on current needs, not some person who does not matter???? I am the customer, you are the company that requires business! You are the company that stated to me you could perform the work I asked to be done!! Your deceptive responses do not falter my opinion of you. You and I know exactly what was conversed/agreed and what I posted earlier is of the best of my knowledge and understanding!Once again Matt you contradict yourself in saying a Rhino supercharger was sent to you??? Even before I sent my supercharger to you, you received the supercharger from Tony. When I confirmed that you received it, I| also confirmed with you that you can swap the guts out from one to another..
I am very careful with the things I buy on line! That is why I got Tony to send the supercharger to you and confirm it was what I was paying for (Apex Supercharger). The only other explanation I can think of is you received it......did not even look at it......and told me it was good anyway??????Which one is it Matt????
Currently MPI is in possession of my property, I would like it back!!You have my address. At this point I will be contacting Tony and he can chime in confirming that the supercharger he sent to you was from an Apex

Apex/Rhino are the same. You had a used blower sent to us that's not for a Nytro then you sent down your Nytro blower that was broken right? I could have taken off all of your old bearings, shaft,seals, etc off your old blower and reinstalled that on your replacement used blower. But instead we installed brand NEW parts on your used blower so it would have the best chance at being a success. Those parts totaled $509.56 and included labor not $700. I have all of your used stuff here in a box and can ship it back to you.

This is stupid! This is what I get for telling a guy that I would help him out. Has someone else ship us a used blower (clocked and build for something other then what he had) and expects us to fix it for free? This was 2 1/2 months ago! When you gave me your CC# and I told you how much it would be you didn't say anything then?

Two and a half months ago was me phoning you asking where my supercharger is!!!!!!! Pat yourself on the back if that makes you feel better Matt! Bottom line is you stated one thing and did another costing me double the price of having a functional Supercharger. I am a die hard yamaha rider and love their product but the thought of owning another one with any parts from MPI after the way I have been treated makes me sick to my stomach. Guaranteed you will never have my business!!!!!! Signed........the customer that does not matter!!

Sometimes you just cant please them all... its the nature of any business... sooner or later it will happen. I am no exception but we move on and do what we can to learn and improve. Enough said.

So why the misleading post earlier saying it was a rhino blower when the OP stated it was from an apex. Very professional.
Because a Rhino has a mounting ring on it and that's the way it came in! But a Rhino and a Apex both use a pulley that is attached to the blower with different clocking. So (internally) we refer to them as being the same. I need to convert a Rhino/Apex the same way.

Matt or anyone else for that matter, can you explain what is going on with the shafts on theses superchargers? Seems to be a common problem with them. Is this a common failure or is it just a poorly manufactured lot of parts that needs to be addressed? I was under the impression that the superchargers were pretty solid, less that 2% failure, but reading a lot of posts lately on these damaged shafts.

I have had nothing but good luck and honesty from Matt @MPI. I wish I had a need for more of their products. Way better customer service from MPI than most of "snowmobile performance companies " customer service

• I have been a member here for 4 years now I check the site regularly and rarely post as most posts could be solved with a service manual, or they are opinion posts( Don't get me wrong I like the site). I watch for posts from a few members, SRXspec (Allen Ulmer), Matt@MPI, MrSled, Dave Marshall from Hurricane, Grizz, etc., along with a few other, as they provide good technical/review info. I purchased a used stage one blower from a member here, from Ontario, and did the install myself. It was missing some parts PTO shaft and oil seal, purchased MPI BOV, different pulley's, etc. Couldn't be happier with the customer service and advice from the guys at MPI. Have almost 1000 miles on the used kit now, sled is a handful in the trail, tons of fun, very clean kit, and nice install. I have an oil temp gauge on my kit and notice that the coolant warms up much quicker than the blower oil. I don't beat on the sled until oil is up to temp. Had a friend with a blower failure last spring handled by MPI over the summer he is a happy customer. Sometimes things fail due to abuse, install or part failure. Just waiting on an interesting new Yamaha snowmobile to purchase and improve. Hope to do a turbo kit from MPI/Hurricane/MCX/or OSP wouldn't hesitate to purchase from any of them. Just the opinion of an enthusiast, out there for people to think about.

Matt or anyone else for that matter, can you explain what is going on with the shafts on theses superchargers? Seems to be a common problem with them. Is this a common failure or is it just a poorly manufactured lot of parts that needs to be addressed? I was under the impression that the superchargers were pretty solid, less that 2% failure, but reading a lot of posts lately on these damaged shafts.

Has Matt or anyone answered this yet? Why are we seeing so many shaft problems at very low miles?

I am not taking sides but want to confirm, to the OP your upset about $409 difference between the $100 quoted and the actual of $509? It sounds messy but I have had worse deals happen to me I guess.

I have a MPI set up and am consistently amazed at the engineering and how professional MPI is. I called Matt this summer and went through a ton of stuff just to buy his $199 front a arm kit clearance priced for my apex. That was a lot of work for a $200 sale. The stuff arrived very professionally packaged. My SC has been bullet proof (knock on wood) so far but its a old one so maybe from a better batch? I am surprised to see all these failures as well, as I thought they were bullet proof.

At any rate communication is the root of all breakdowns and sounds like what happened here. I just don't Matt is trying to rip you off even though that is probably how you feel. He can't retire to Mexico on $400, sounds like he was trying to do the right thing which is more then some vendors anymore.

Hopefully you two can work it out.

Back