• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI turbo nytro 180 kit.

nitris223

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro MTX
Any one running a MPI turbo 180 kit at sea level or 1600~ 2000'. Looking for what you have your gems fuel settings at. I am finding mine is loading up on fuel while cursing at 60 mph. Afr numbers are around 11.8 to 12 and I am only seeing maybe 1 lb of boost at cursing speeds. If I wack the throttle my afr ends up showing error then comes back to numbers when I back off. I think everything is a bit rich. I have the first mode set as low as possible to get the sled to idle properly.

Mpi didn't do any testing for sea level so they didn't really have any help for me. Other then that it is a nice kit. Would like to know if I am getting 180 at 5 psi boost when most others are running 6~7 psi around here on their mcx kits.

Has anyone actually dyno'd their 180 kit to see if they are getting the hp they claim. You would think they would produce a dyno run to show the kit does what it says. Other kits out there have dyno charts on their sites.

What kind of issues could I run into if I was to turn the boost up to 6 psi. Running out of fuel or detonation or is one part of the other.
I have heard and read 7 psi seems to be max for the fuel pump so is 6 psi safe at 1600~2000 ft with 91 premium. Yamaha says a 45 hp gain and mpi says 4~5 psi at sea level to 3000 ft. So that is anywhere from 9 to 11 hp per psi. I thought I read somewhere that the kit made 180 at 4.4 psi so that works out to 10.2 hp per psi. But with no actual proof of a dyno sheet how does a guy really know what you are getting. The sled does feel stronger but with such a crappy snow season I can't really test the sled and I have no access to a sled dyno. Could this kit actually be a true 190 kit at 6 psi and still be safe for the nytro on stock pump and premium fuel.

You should be fine at 6 psi, just keep an eye on the WOT air fuel ratio.

I thought my push 190 kit wasnt that fast when I first installed it, until I raced a stock yamaha viper and beat it by like 30 sled lengths, lol.

If youre running that rich at full throttle I would imagine your Gems controller is maxed out.

Mode 1~4 are as follows. .5, 0, 2.5 and 5.5
That is from E&S Yamaha from Alberta.
Mpi numbers were 3, 0, 4.5, and 3.
Sled would not idle on mode 1 and setting of 3, had to turn that as low as possible to keep it running.

Any one running a MPI turbo 180 kit at sea level or 1600~ 2000'. Looking for what you have your gems fuel settings at. I am finding mine is loading up on fuel while cursing at 60 mph. Afr numbers are around 11.8 to 12 and I am only seeing maybe 1 lb of boost at cursing speeds. If I wack the throttle my afr ends up showing error then comes back to numbers when I back off. I think everything is a bit rich. I have the first mode set as low as possible to get the sled to idle properly.

Mpi didn't do any testing for sea level so they didn't really have any help for me. Other then that it is a nice kit. Would like to know if I am getting 180 at 5 psi boost when most others are running 6~7 psi around here on their mcx kits.

Has anyone actually dyno'd their 180 kit to see if they are getting the hp they claim. You would think they would produce a dyno run to show the kit does what it says. Other kits out there have dyno charts on their sites.

What kind of issues could I run into if I was to turn the boost up to 6 psi. Running out of fuel or detonation or is one part of the other.
I have heard and read 7 psi seems to be max for the fuel pump so is 6 psi safe at 1600~2000 ft with 91 premium. Yamaha says a 45 hp gain and mpi says 4~5 psi at sea level to 3000 ft. So that is anywhere from 9 to 11 hp per psi. I thought I read somewhere that the kit made 180 at 4.4 psi so that works out to 10.2 hp per psi. But with no actual proof of a dyno sheet how does a guy really know what you are getting. The sled does feel stronger but with such a crappy snow season I can't really test the sled and I have no access to a sled dyno. Could this kit actually be a true 190 kit at 6 psi and still be safe for the nytro on stock pump and premium fuel.
Have you figured out your AFR yet? I have a 2011 xtx with push turbo set at 7 psi and a switch kit for 10 psi. Settings on my GEMS was green 4.0, yellow 4.0, red 3.0 and yellow/blue 5.0. This way over fueled for trail riding at 1500 ft. Today I was testing and reduced yellow/blue to 3.5, got AFR up from 11.3 to 12.3 wide open throttle, much better. I started reducing yellow from 4.0 to 3.0 and AFR up from 10.3 to 11.5, so could go lower to 2.5 at least.i have not changed green 4.0 as of yet, but needs to be lowered to at least 3.0 or more to get AFR to 12.0 -12.5. Red (main Jet) is set at 3.0 which APR shows 10.0 -10.3 which is too rich and needs to be 12.0 - 12.5 or slightly higher. My boost stays steady 7 Psi at full throttle, engine water gauge at 165 f. I have noticed a mileage increase already on the adjustments so far. Yamaha mechanic told me 7 psi good for 91 octane, if higher I will add booter to bring to 95 octane on 10 psi boost is good. My sled is geared for 100 mph and it runs out of gear spinning a 1.75 camoplast.

Back