• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo

Enticer

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha LTXDX
I have a 2016 LTXDX 137, build date 5-20-15, serial #121 with 1750 miles. I have an Ulmer clutch kit, weights in the arms, 3-0-3, red primary spring. The secondary has red spring with Ulmer K helix. I don't know if this is an explosion proof motor or not. I have made several primary and secondary changes, weights and twists. Nothing will get me past 102 mph. It literally breaks it's heart. My question now is would a gear change help this or would an outside cold air be the answer? I had the refresh done for 5 pounds from MPI and the motor continually turns 8700. Motor temperature runs between 166 and 172, no problem with overheat. Any suggestions? Or any pictures of cold air package? Possible gear changes? Thanks.

I have the same setup. My build date is 02/15. I think you have the new styl engine. Easy way to check is the valve cover. There's a thread on here

I changed my gears and have my intake outside the hood. 120 mph. Pulls like a freight train

putting the MPI on my 2014 Viper and after talking to Allen Ulmer I am going to change gears to 21/40 and load the primary clutch weight arms with the washers he suggests. Vipers desperately need gear change with turbo from what I have read and been told from many people that extensively tune/test.

I have the same setup. My build date is 02/15. I think you have the new styl engine. Easy way to check is the valve cover. There's a thread on here

I changed my gears and have my intake outside the hood. 120 mph. Pulls like a freight train
What exhaust are you running?

What is your primary spring and weight setup... I can’t get over 90 and I have machines secondary and gearing

putting the MPI on my 2014 Viper and after talking to Allen Ulmer I am going to change gears to 21/40 and load the primary clutch weight arms with the washers he suggests. Vipers desperately need gear change with turbo from what I have read and been told from many people that extensively tune/test.
What did he suggest and what is your setup

Back