• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MultiP easy to tip

multip

First sorry for my English

I experience my Multip is very tippy, can I do something about that with some adjusting?

AAAhhhh! I suggest reading the posts in the Phazer area. Im fighting this as well and am getting lotsa good info here. Some is nature of the beast.

Hey Multip, I have been riding a Venture MP for three seasons, the list of changes goes like this.

9" ski skins, pull up the limiter strap a couple of holes, get rid of the sway bar and soften the front shock spring settings. the suspension changes all help lower the center of gravity on the front of the sled and the wide ski skins stop the front from diving in deep snow when you let off of the throttle. Until I made some of these changes I rolled my MP everytime I went for a ride.

Also widen the ski stance by moving the spacers to the outside of the spindle if not already done. If you are still using the Yamaha skis/carbides a wider set with good carbides should improve stability. Maybe putting your rear susp adjuster blocks on the highest setting may help to transfer some weight to the front as well.
I'm interested in Karl's comment on removing the swaybar because I think some say that it would make the sled unstable.

Sorry kinda off topic but need to make a comment ....love my yamaha (2010 Venture TF) but why does everyone one including myself have to play around with the suspensions in order to get them to ride like we want...you dont hear about that on doo or cat sites...doesnt anybody from yami ride these machines?

Bomba, the sway bar is great if what you do is ride groomed smooth trails and spend most of your time sitting, think about rock crawlers and discos. In rough terrain fully independant suspension (no sway bars) allows each point of contact with the surface to rise and fall with less effect on the other points of contact, softening the suspension at the same time enhances this independant movement. In the case of our sleds you can have one ski in a hole and the other on a bump or rise and the track will sit flat. With sway bars and the same situation the ski on the rise causes the ski over the hole to lift thus allowing the sled to tip deeper towards or into the hole. This tends to exagerate the feeling of tippyness and serves to roll the track over on edge and throw the rider to the down side of the sled. An active riding style and no sway bar allows the rider to tip the sled in the needed direction in order to maintain stability. If one anticipates corners and drives into them, dropping the inside knee down and out over the running boards you can counter act much of the inside ski lift and tipping of the sled to the outside of the turn. In rough or uneven terrain a centered off the seat rider allows the skis to move independantly (no sway bar) and the track to remain relatively flat which enhances stability. Sway bars have developed through the automotive industry in an attempt to inhibit body roll during cornering at speed on smooth surfaces. If that is where you ride your sled, keep the sway bar. I even narrowed my ski stance with a TimberSled BarkBuster Phazer Mountain A-arm kit and feel that this has also improved handling. A wide ski stance and sway bar gives the skis a tremendous leverage to tip the sled in uneven terrain - now you have heard the world according to Karl.

Longtrack, you never hear this from Doo and Cat riders because they are boring and not very creative - ha ha ha I joke - no offence to the Doo and Cat riders out there. Yamaha riders just seem to be perfomance driven.

karl said:
-... now you have heard the world according to Karl.....

Thanks for taking the time to expain...interesting. So would removing the swaybar put more stress on other suspensio components?

Thanks for all your advice, spec to Karl, I have done all your hints without to remove the sway bar, maybe coming soon
I did a short test today and the MP feels better so far

multip said:
Thanks for all your advice, spec to Karl, I have done all your hints without to remove the sway bar, maybe coming soon

So what did you do regarding the skis? Skins? carbides? new skis?

BombaPolaYama said:
multip said:

So what did you do regarding the skis? Skins? carbides? new skis?

I forgot to tell, I have still Yamaha original skis, I have not so big problems with the skis, we have only normaly 2-3 feets of snow, up in the mountains a bit more

Back