• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MUSKOKA TRAILS

Muskoka , Monday rain , Tuesday +4 , more rain Friday !

Trashed trails , should be closed til we get more snow !!!

MCApex44 said:
zackn291 said:

Thanks for the report/video...btw, was your camera ok? We are considering heading up that way this Sat-Tues (depending on conditions)...any addt'l reports would be greatly appreciated. Thx

yep camera was fine. the gopro' are pretty bullet proof. notice the 2 Phazers we passed on the trail at 1:34 ?

Best advice, head SE on the A trail towards Pembroke. More snow that way. Aslong as the groomers get out. You wont be dissapointed.

We did Port Sydney To Kearney today and the trails were in awsome shape , will post up my vids in awhile , 195 Ks there and back , looks like all clubs have been out grooming since the rain , some fresh snow coming this weekend , should make things nice

i have room booked at Spring Lake Resort for next weekend.. What do you muskoka guys think of this place and location ? Have not stayed there before. ...Thanks

Met up in Honey Harbour Sat AM with a very tentitive group who needed to be physically dragged out of the city because of all the negative BS from the weather idiots. Many, many friends stayed home.

Arriving in HH, lo and behold fresh powder. We went out and found FANTASTIC conditions. The big lakes were all staked with +8" of ice, there was 3 inches of new snow on top and enough in the portages. Some pressure cracks were allowing water through because the barometer was falling, but no big deal. we were pinching ourselves. Tore back into town and grabbed enough food for an overnight at the cottage in Go Home Bay. Sure there isn't a lot of ice out in the Bay, but more than enough inside for some terrific touring. The cold temps this week should help tighten things up. (there's me not mentioning the warm spell).

Cops were out checking ownerships, licencing and insurance.

ScottyD said:
MUSKIE said:
i have room booked at Spring Lake Resort for next weekend.. What do you muskoka guys think of this place and location ? Have not stayed there before. ...Thanks

spring lake is a good spot
we got over a foot of snow in kearney saturday night
Thanks !!

Muskoka seemed to survive the warm up fine , we rode from Bracebridge to Kearney for lunch 260 Ks , all clubs have been out and groomed since the warm up and there was snow left for them to work with , some cooler temps coming so lube could be in short supply

Back