• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 2011 MTX project

nikohm

I just sold my XTX -09 and bought a MTX 2011. I bought it in box because of allt he plans i had in mind ;)!

I can remember now how i felt when i was a kid on christmas

When most people put it together i like to tear it apart!!

This is the stock look and i dont like it so powder coating here i come

And after

Then i installed by my self MCX 180 kit and i must say its very simple
to install. Great guys to deal with and great fitting.

More pictures is coming i just got this for now from my iphone!!

I know those who owns the shop,otherwise its really hard to do that!

I did the first startup today. And man that was great :4STroke:

I will upload some more pictures tomorrow

Thats a good question because i liked the XTX very much. But this year me and my brother has got a trailer up in the mountains, so im gonna be most riding in the mountains thats made me switch.

Some more picture.

powder coated riser, but i forget the bolts but must do them to

installed tank and did the first startup was a little scary. Had i did everthing right and i had :Rockon:

Its not much space left under the hood. Xenon,efi box,turbo gauge.

Something is still left im waiting on this items.

Im thinking of drilling this out and powder coat them as well(dont know the name on this plz tell me) then it would be a black thread from front to back, what do u guys think of that ???

Very nice piece...Keep us up on your progress :)

Intresting. I'm also installing 180hp kit soon. Good to hear that it was simple. We plan to do it within one weekend.

Okey, the only thing that is hard is the exhaust, but i live so close to mcx so i took mine exhaust to them and they weld it. where in finland are u located ? I live in Luleå :)

Awesome Sled! Should be a ton of fun!
You should powder coat the tunnel. Looks very clean with the tunnel powder coated and its not too hard to take off.

I had my thought on that but will it stay for long ??

this weekend i hoping on going for a testride. will do the clutch on friday and maybe drive it on sunday. ;)!

nikohm said:
I had my thought on that but will it stay for long ??

this weekend i hoping on going for a testride. will do the clutch on friday and maybe drive it on sunday. ;)!

Longer than your a-arms or spindles. Had mine done and it was like brand new after 700 miles of hard riding.

Good luck on the test ride

:Rockon:

Nice project!
A friend of mine had is XTX delivered in the crate at his place last year.
He took some pictures and put theses on a website, showing the sled still in the crate... The dealer was ok with that. Then, dealer received a call from Yamaha Motor Canada, saying that they've seen these pics on a website. They told the dealer that this sled will have it's warranty void because it has been delivered to the costumer in the crate and not assembled by the dealers mechanic, bla bla bla...
The dealer finally conviced Yamaha to not void warranty on that sled but they had a hard time!!!
Just want to let you guys know about that :Rockon:

nikohm said:
Okey, the only thing that is hard is the exhaust, but i live so close to mcx so i took mine exhaust to them and they weld it. where in finland are u located ? I live in Luleå :)

Southern Finland so if I wan't to really enjoy my turbo I have to come to Sweden or northern finland. My brother is a good welder. He will do the exhaust.

This project looks very promising. Keep up the good work!

ok then it will be no problem for him!

Yes i will keep u all updated. IM thinking of going 3M di-noc carbon fiber on all the parts what do u guys think of that ??

Back