• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Comparison: 08 Skidoo 800XP X vs 09 Nytro XTX

2 stroke xp800 will have a bad crank.
Nytro will be flawless !

Not too hard to choose.

Hand warmers is Ski Doo, I can tell you first hand from owning both machines. The Yammy hand warmers suck in lack of better words. I know they work because the frost will melt on them. Front suspension I think it depends upon what you are doing? Hitting a approach and adjustability, I would say Nytro. Trail riding ski doo due to being lower center of gravity but it really depends upon what you compare it too, X package or XTX??
A good write up, I agree big time on vibration, the 800R really vibrates (wicked fast rough motor) :Rockon:

There is no question some of the Doo's have had issues but a bad crank does not sem to be one of them - at least from my own experience, talking to my dealer and reading Dootalk posts. I will agree that the Yamaha is a more reliable sled, that's one of the reasons I bought it.

You may be very right on the front suspension, I will adjust the Nytro next season. The dealer I bought it from (Midland, ON) did mostly lake running so he did not spend any time setting it up for trail riding. What are most people using for carbides: Stock, Shapers from Stud Boy or the Twins from ACS?

That's great!! Your more impressed with a 600 class sled than you are with an 800. Can Yammis revues get any better...........

Back