• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Nytro replacement.

stopdropanroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.styleonecustommotoring.com
After 3 good years on my Nytro it was time to move on to a new sled. After riding the New Apex I was leaning that way, but then came along the new TURBO. I couldn't resist, liked my Nytro, but had spent a TON of money to be able to make that statement, and since nothing new from Yamaha in that chassis I made the leap.

I have 600 miles on so far and love it. Power is awesome, handling is the best I have ever had, though it does push in the corners, but thats with the stock 4" carbides. I really cannot believe how flat this sled corners for its high center of gravity and long track, almost 0 inside ski lift and super light steering, as light as my friend power steering Apex. No darting or nervous feel like my Nytro, and a insane balance for a 4S, makes me forget that it is a heavy machine. The ride is good, but not great, I know there is some fairly decent gains to be made @ HyGear for much less then I spent on my last sled.

I have had only one minor issue so far, the reverse beeper comes on once and a while after cycling the key, never has had a negative effect on the gears like other people have experienced but is annoying and a bit embarrassing.

Cat really seems to know how to make a great handling sled, their down fall is execution of mechanicals and engineering, I joked with some friends that if Yamaha and Cat shared some info they could both make a class leading snowmobile. The up side is they seem to address the issues quite fast and thats makes up for allot of the down falls.

All in all I am happy I made the move, and hope that Yamaha takes a few notes and steps up to the plate to match what is on the market now, I enjoyed my Yamaha experience, but it had some bitter moments as well, the wear items on my Nytro were overwhelming and costly every season. A fun sled to ride for sure, but left allot to be desired for at the end.

Attachments

• 19163326n089Xv1h.jpg
    19163326n089Xv1h.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 19163455M2q8RXCZ.jpg
    19163455M2q8RXCZ.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 163

I understand completely.

Why not just disconnect the beeper?

Nice sled. I was always a Cat rider before switching to Yamaha when they came out with the Apex. Now that cat has this new chassis I may have to go back.

That looks awesome. Very nice! Did you take all of the orange parts off and pc them white? And is that the new Klim "Gear'd" wrap? Looks mint!

Grimm said:
I understand completely.

Why not just disconnect the beeper?

It doesn't stay on, I just cycle the reverse and it goes away. I am eliminating the reverse next week, HYVO setup from STM. Don't trust the gears when up on the 2step @ 20+ PSI. Installing 1" Hacksaw and bunch of studs as well. With the winter we have been having I may spend more time then normal on the lake.

Looks sweet!I see many Ty'er also switched over too.Hopefully Yamaha steps up there game.They make a dependedable product and great fit and finish but they have to build what sells and the people want.

Super Sled said:
That looks awesome. Very nice! Did you take all of the orange parts off and pc them white? And is that the new Klim "Gear'd" wrap? Looks mint!

Only parts I coated was the rails, and my rack on the back, they are done in black, everything else was factory. I put the M seat on and made a custom cover with some gold stitch. I was going to do some gold PC but ran short on time and was worried about the match, maybe in the off season.

Yup thats the "geared" wrap, I like the gold, very different then other colors, got to admit I stole the scheme from Ski Don't.

pro116 said:
Looks sweet!I see many Ty'er also switched over too.Hopefully Yamaha steps up there game.They make a dependedable product and great fit and finish but they have to build what sells and the people want.

Yup, I have no grudge with Yamaha, just can't see spending the coin on the same chassis. I still come on here a bunch just to say hi, maybe I will be back someday, but this machine is going to have to last for a while, getting married in the fall and moma wants some kids #$%&*

Looks sweet. I actually saw you in a bar in northern wisconsin a couple of weekend. I don't remember the name of the bar lol. It had Dom Capers picture signed in it.

Nice to see a positive review about the new Cat. I've been pretty interested in the F1100 NA. I'm glad to hear the handling is good, the Nytro's handling sucks. I knew it was bad but after riding my IQR it is hard to go back and put up with the Nytro. I do like the 4-stroke, but now it looks like Cat has a viable 4-stroke bump sled as well.

Cool graphics. How is it running? Are you happy with it so far?

You posted a new polaris in another post 09nytro.... I think the cat needs support from the aftermarket for one more season to be problem free. They look good though. Hope yamy does something soon!

gears when up on the 2step @ 20+ PSI. Installing 1" Hacksaw and bunch of studs as well. With the winter we have been having I may spend more time then normal on the lake.[/quote]

Just a ? but why buy the long track then put a 1in track on it?

Back