• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Phazer review... after 900 miles

Update:

Got the Phazer back from the dealer yesterday, first oil change and they installed the side panels. I wanted the black ones but they couldn't get them in, so I just got the silver, looks ok. They said they didn't find any issues and checked a few things that are noted from yamaha. Everything checked out just fine.

So some friends wanted to try and ride last night. The iced over snow had really softened up during the day but till we got up to the mountains it was fairly hard again. Enough was being kicked up to keep the hyfax lubed and some snow was getting around to that front heat exchanger but the Phazer was having serious issues with overheating. The other sleds didn't seem to have problems, an RX-1, V-Max500 and two SRX triples. The outside temp was probably somewhere around 25-30 deg. F.

Maybe the little radiator fan would have helped keep it cool last night, but now I'm a little put off by this. Our area is not always known for the greatest snow conditions but I could have rode, and have rode, my old V-Max 600 in similar conditions without worrying about overheating.

Oh well, my riding for this year is all but done anyway. I'll just keep in touch with my dealer and see if yamaha comes up with any updates/fixes for overheating issues.

One last thing, if you read my first post in this thread, I noted that I had no overheating issues while in maine. Except when it sat at idle for too long.

Trevor

Back