• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RedTip & Plastic Backer experience...

I used Extreme Max plastic backers on my SRX for 4K miles and on my Apex for 1,700 miles with only 1 failure. I think thats very good.

There are a lot in our riding group that use the Fastrac XT backers with no fading of color or function. They are a good backer.

sorry to hear of your problems.
I ran only woodys for years and never had any problems with them. "other than the price"
I used mack this year with the mack tall washers and woodys backing plates. the mack studs are holding up awesome. the winter in maine this year has been crappy and these studs have seen a ton of rocks, dirt, pavement and bare ground.
900 miles and not a single missing carbide insert
or bent stud. next time you look for a cheap stud look for the mack studs. i think they are as good or better than woodys

I think someone mentioned those before when I was shopping around. I thought I read they were the same as red tips? Some guys have had excellent results with ret tips...just not me. I must have lost another 1/2 dozen or so since that post?

MyOutdoors said:
I think someone mentioned those before when I was shopping around. I thought I read they were the same as red tips? Some guys have had excellent results with ret tips...just not me. I must have lost another 1/2 dozen or so since that post?

Mack studs have nothing to do with red-tips. They are a small outfit in New Hampshire. Give the Macks a try - you wont be disapointed. Cheap & long lasting.

;)!

thanks for the info. What happened to Roetin this year? Something with the manufacturer?

After a fair amount of experimenting, my personal favorite is combo of woody's gold digger studs with stud boy power plate backers. Cost's more to mix the two brands and buy them separately, but I've found you cannot beat the power plates for backers but the SB studs just didn't hold up for me.

Back