• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My summer project

MaineApex

Started life as a 06 Apex RTX 121.
Added:
WRP Mt Assault seat
Muffin works 136 kit
Ulmer front end kit
OFT steering kit
Under tunnel exhaust (R6 can meets noise levels in Maine)
Rebuilt mono shock
Beef up kit
New wheels
Graphite slides
7.5" Lake effects riser
Copper exhaust gaskets
Custom aluminum rear closure on the tunnel (done by myself and brother in law)

Left to do Paint and ride.

What you think?

Attachments

• 100_4035.JPG
    100_4035.JPG
    694.6 KB · Views: 150

more pics

here are some more pics. It still has the body off but I like the look
Oh and I need to add a tail light, and gas caddy. Still working on those.

Attachments

• 100_4031.JPG
    100_4031.JPG
    676.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_4033.JPG
    100_4033.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_4032 (640x480).jpg
    100_4032 (640x480).jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 139
as you can see from the under tunnel pic the clearnece is kinda skinny. Im going to have to add a drop bracket, im thinking 2" to allow room for my studs. And im not shore weather to run a power commander or not, and Im thinking of clutching it but dont know what I would need for the stock gearing and now its a 136....

more pics

Those were the only ones I have at this point. I will be taking more this weekend as that is when I plan to paint and install the LED brake light.

Good luck with the muffler and studs, I think you will end up destroying it.

Doing a skid relocation down will raise the sled and make it harder to handle (tippier) and hard to steer. If you do just the back it will also want to bottom out sooner, you'll need to do both front and back.

If you figure out a solution keep us posted, it looks awesome, wouldn't mind a similar set up myself.

kinger: I think the best option is to ditch the ripsaw and studs, and go with a Ice attack or something like that with pre molded studs in it. Then a small diamond plate guard would work just in case. Anyone want to trade tracks....

stephenpen: it sounds like a sport bike on steroids... But is not any louder than the stock exhaust, I had it tested and its below the Maine 95db rating at 15 feet away, plus it is a stock Yamaha can. when you say lifting do you mean the drop brackets? If so you can buy the backs and remount the front with some geometry involved. Not too bad.

Why don't u cut out the top of the tunnel and raise the exhaust up and then build a new cover? Probably a lot easier and less problematic than lowering the suspension. If u get the aluminum TIGed it would look good instead of rivets. Where did u get the can, I like it. Do u have a part number?

MaineApex said:
kinger: I think the best option is to ditch the ripsaw and studs, and go with a Ice attack or something like that with pre molded studs in it. Then a small diamond plate guard would work just in case. Anyone want to trade tracks....

stephenpen: it sounds like a sport bike on steroids... But is not any louder than the stock exhaust, I had it tested and its below the Maine 95db rating at 15 feet away, plus it is a stock Yamaha can. when you say lifting do you mean the drop brackets? If so you can buy the backs and remount the front with some geometry involved. Not too bad.
Well i will absolutely see and hear you coming down the trail for sure. I dont think the Maine noise limit is 95 dec. unless they have changed it lately,i thought it was 78 dec. 95 is real loud,i had the hauck twin exhaust on mine,i got it from woddys,keith assured me,it was close to stock sound,not even remotly close,i ditched in two days,good luck.

It is a stock can from a yamaha R6 sport bike, I did not want it up through the tunnel because I wanted to add a gas cady to the rear and did not want a turn out. And I like a good challenge. I like how it sounds and looks. A little paint and its going to look even better. Im going to get an Ice ripper XT track, and make a guard to protect it.

The db level is 95 at 15 feet away, at Idle to pass, at leaset that is what the officer in Oxford said when he checked it. Its not louder than stock.

Back