• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My take on a 2in. seat rise.

stopdropanroll

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.styleonecustommotoring.com
First off no disrespect to any company making a seat kit, but I just do not like the look of any of them on the market right now. The thing I don't like about most of these seat mods is the bulky look of them, the edges are fat and lose the sharp line that the factory seat has. I am not trying to undercut anyone on here and I am not a advertizer, but.... if I got enough people wanting this same thing I would consider producing a seat like this, this is a custom shaped seat, no molds, no CNC foam, I think thats why most of the seats are bulky looking. The vinyl for this seat is specificly tailored for recreational vehicles and has a -60F temp rating and 30,000 double rub abrasion resistance, it also meets most fire resistance codes. I also am playing with some custom tops (see pics) as well as offset stiching colors, the top has a hi-tac vinyl allot like the sticky Ski-Doo seats but can be done both ways. I am just puting this out there for some feed back and these are not for sale as of right now, there also is no pricing as of right now. I am not trying to step on feet but just checking into this option. The only way I can see this working is doing a seat exchange, if this were to happen I would source a few seats then do the seats per order, they would come 100% finished and exchaged for your factory seat.

Attachments

• DSC02460.JPG.jpeg
    DSC02460.JPG.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02458.JPG.jpeg
    DSC02458.JPG.jpeg
    275.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC02457.JPG.jpeg
    DSC02457.JPG.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02454.JPG.jpeg
    DSC02454.JPG.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 89

I dig the pattern on the top of the seat. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

By the way this foam is a High Resiliency foam "HR polyol" that achieves high sag-factors and high rebound. HRfoams have a cell stucture that gets firmer faster allowing for a wide range of resistance. This foam is top of the line and is design for this type of use. The thread used to stitch up the seats is a UV stable bonded polyester thread. Also being that it is custom shaped a rise can be made to any thickness 1-4 inches.

I kind of need to applaud this guy.
There are a lot of people on forums that "talk". They say, this that or the other, criticize other people, and that is the end of it.
This guy said to himself, "I dont like whats out there, I can do it better, or my way." And... He did it. He went out to his shop and you can see the results.
Cudos!
I wish more people were like that. Ambition is what is going to drive the economy back into shape. Competition, innovation, rethinking the old, breaking out of the mold(no puns intended) and not being afraid to try something new, for themselves.

:Rockon:

I'm also not a big fan of the "bulky" look. I had a local shop add 2" to my seat and it turned out great. Rode last weekend and it makes a huge difference in ride comfort. Here's a pic, I think they did a great job.

seat-1.jpg

I see a lot of guys are trying to change the seats. Which I agree the seat needs a better foam, and position. Anyone ever look at and sit on the Nytro snocross sled, and see their positioning. Yes it is too hard for every day riding, but the option of sitting/standing high near the tank in th bumps and sitting low in the turns to eliminate the tippiness, and let you hopefully go faster seams interesting. IMO Not trying to hyjack this, but throwing another wrench in your gears :drink:

sickskinz said:
I kind of need to applaud this guy.
There are a lot of people on forums that "talk". They say, this that or the other, criticize other people, and that is the end of it.
This guy said to himself, "I dont like whats out there, I can do it better, or my way." And... He did it. He went out to his shop and you can see the results.
Cudos!
I wish more people were like that. Ambition is what is going to drive the economy back into shape. Competition, innovation, rethinking the old, breaking out of the mold(no puns intended) and not being afraid to try something new, for themselves.

:Rockon:

Thanks, healthy competion is good, not moving forward in selling these yet nor do I have a completed product to show. Thanks for being positive about it, I deal with competition on a daily basis in my line of work and all I can say is it pushes me to be better everyday.

stopdropanroll said:
Thanks, healthy competion is good, not moving forward in selling these yet nor do I have a completed product to show. Thanks for being positive about it, I deal with competition on a daily basis in my line of work and all I can say is it pushes me to be better everyday.

You are right competition is good and "healthy" is the key word here.
Things can get sour at times for some, but it's best to ignore that junk and keep your ambitions high.

sheetwright said:
I see a lot of guys are trying to change the seats. Which I agree the seat needs a better foam, and position. Anyone ever look at and sit on the Nytro snocross sled, and see their positioning. Yes it is too hard for every day riding, but the option of sitting/standing high near the tank in th bumps and sitting low in the turns to eliminate the tippiness, and let you hopefully go faster seams interesting. IMO Not trying to hyjack this, but throwing another wrench in your gears :drink:

SX sleds are piloted by 140 midget jockeys that ride 8 min motos, maybe 30sec per lap sitting. IMO a taller/firmer seat is required for those 300km days in and out of the saddle for us not as fit as we used to be types. :Rockon:

mach9 said:
stopdropanroll said:

Things can get sour at times for some, but it's best to ignore that junk and keep your ambitions high.

There is a lot of "junk" talk out there. You see a lot of bashing in forums,on just about every topic.
There is a difference between talk and action. This guy didnt just talk, he took action. Even though it is a potential competiton for my kit, he is taking it in a different direction. That's awesome.

Mark Twain "Oppurtunity is often over looked. It comes dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Too many people want to criticize, point fingers and tell everyone else how things should be done, in every topic. Yet not do anything about it.

James Hetfield "You point your finger and there's no one around. Here's your crown; King Nothing."
Actions speak louder than words.
I have high admoration for ambitious people. It will be those that survive in times like these.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Best wishes!
Scott

sickskinz said:
mach9 said:
stopdropanroll said:

Even though it is a potential competiton for my kit, he is taking it in a different direction..

Your 100% correct, this is "custom tailored" and would not be at the same price point, nor would it be something I could ship to a customer and have them install it themself. Its just a different option, and something I see a place for in the market, just like a tailored suit, not for everyone but some may want it that way.

Back