• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help...Found 2 bolts

LDMUDDY

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder XTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
After riding 150 mile. I am cleaning her up and getting ready for the next ride. I Found 2 bolts on the right side next to the oil window. I don't see where they came from. Any thoughts

Turbo bolts. Look under the heat shield where the turbo is

Turbo bolts are 13 mm

They are 13mm...about 1 1/4in from head to end of bolt

Might be stupid question but where is the turbo at..I see what I believe is the turbo but don't see any bolts missing

Might be stupid question but where is the turbo at..I see what I believe is the turbo but don't see any bolts missing
You need to remove the muffler heat shield, then you can see them shine a light there's 3 of them the two front ones are easy to see the third one in the back is a little harder to see...
Here's a picture to give you a rough idea what to look for

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    913.4 KB · Views: 142
Check out the frequent questions page and look under check turbo bolts section.

Got it..thx...now the fun part..getting them back in...the 2 back ones r out...thinking about lock tight

There's a long thread on this. As well as a bulletin on both Cats and Yamacats. You need high temp anti seize and Nord Lock washers or a torque wrench to get proper tightness or take it back to dealer. 3rd bolt in back is probably gone too. That one is the bitch. You need a deep offset 13mm wrench. Watch the isolator washers in the hex head bolts on the heat shield.

Got it..thx...now the fun part..getting them back in...the 2 back ones r out...thinking about lock tight
Don't use loctite. It won't handle the heat Not even close. Torque them to 50 ft lbs and your good to go.

Back