• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need help PLEASE

muskrat

Pro
I am going to go postal. I am missing out on the best winter in 25 years here all because of a stupid fricking gauge.
Innovate LC1 and xd16. The thing says it isnt getting enough volts. I took the hot off ignition switch and sure as heck it is only 11.5 volts. ( Battery is 12.6) when I hook it to the battery I get E 2, which is sensor not blah blah blah. The guy at inovate told me to disconnect the o 2 sensor , pwr up for 20 seconds and do a free air calibration. Sounds simple enough.

Can anyone tell me where a switched 12 volt supply can be had and any ideas about how to get this thing up and running. Thanks

Frustrated Muskrat

dump the innovate, get an aem or fjo wideband i tried an innovate for a year could never get it to work right its just too sensitive for snowmobiles

The ignition wire at the key soen't carry enough voltage, I learned with my dynojet wideband commander. I used the ignition wire and used it to switch a direct line from the battery with a relay. Use a two or three gang fuse block so you can power other key-on devices. This is really the proper way to do this as you have the potential with these high current accessories (heated o2 sensors, etc.) to blow fuses or overload ckts with over sized fuses. It sounds like there might be an additional problem with that innovative.

insane

Thanks Insane,

This sounds exactly what I need to power things. Can I get more info? I suck at electrical. Which ignition wire do I use? Come off the battery into a three fuse box, how does that get turned on exactly? Thanks for the help guys. I do have another issue with innovate , calling them here in a minute.

Muskrat

I did mine like insane, used the hot wire of the ignition switch to trigger a pair of 30A relays fed directly from the battery thru a 30A fuse. I use them to feed power to all my aux systems. I've seen the E2 a few times, usually at startup, it blinks for one or two seconds and disappear. I believe it's because the starter is drawing a lot of juice causing the voltage from the battery to drop. My Innovate system still works after 3 seasons. The Bosch sensor is inexpensive, like 50 buck or so, if it fails get another one.

Back