• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need help with washer problem in chaincase apex gt 07

rx1 man 04

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex gt and 2012 Yamaha apex xtx
just finished changing jackshaft and driveshaft bearing, have one extra washer that I am not sure where it goes in the chaincase its 42 mm wide with a 36 mm opening by 3 mm in width. it seems to fit between the cupped washer and the top sprocket, when I put it all back together it makes a funny noise when in reverse, attached is the picture of the washer. the diagram doe not call for a washer between the top sprocked and the collar, all other parts are accounted for in the chaincase and on the secondary side as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    527.3 KB · Views: 150

washer

not exactly sure on the diagram where you are talking ,

washer

pretty sure I had that washer in place because I used a coathanger to keep that washer in place when I installed the jackshaft throught the frame

washer

yes i did have the entire chaincase off the sled to replace all grease seals, their is a # 59 washer between the two lower sprockets but that washer is in place

Ok you have accounted for the 2 washer that could affect the reverse engagement and you have the cupped washer on the top gear. You'll need to check that the reverse linkage is set correctly. Are you sure you have all the washers in front of the disc brake rotor. There is 2 thick ones and thin one there I think.

washer

from the grease seal outward on the top part of the chaincase their is #61 locking collar in place then a black spacer collar then the disc then three washers thick, thinner thinnest and then the circlip, is it possible this washer goes between the disc and the black spacer collar, it does not fit exact

washer

just one note the washer does not have a black type finish on it, making me think its out of the gearcase maybe near the brake disc

Don't think so...if you did that then the circlip may not go on. Maybe you had an extra washer behind the cupped washer for the top gear...do you think that was possible?
Did you account for all the washers behind the secondary sheeve...not sure if they the same size sitting here, but worth a check.

it doesnt show it in the diagram. is it possible that there is one ther?

Possible yes! If it was there it was by mistake. I guess all I can say at this point is double check everything make the adjustments for the reverse and try not to worry about it. Sounds like you've done your homework anyways.
Regards

so you're saying that there could be a flat and then a cupped washer and then nut on the top gear?
is it possible that flat washer goes in between the spacer collar & the top sprocket?

Back