• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need input on clutching

snowdust

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I have a 03 rx1 shorty and I trail ride alot in Michigan lower and upper. What i want to know is there a good kit out there that I can just bolt in and not worry about figuring out why is not pulling as hard at some rpm. I really dont understand all this talk about wheights or helix angle.Just want a little more low end.I will sacrifice top end I dont care about going 120.Please help I have 192 studs and holzman springs green.

clutching

First if all your looking for is more low end then dont clutch yet first thing I would do would be regear. By regearing it will give you more low end and by not making that big of a change you will not lose too much top end. Looking at the gear chart you now have a 24/ 38 which is a ratio of 1.58 too achieve your bottom end you want to increase your ratio possably to a 23/38 ratio of 1.65 with using the same chain you have. another option you may consider is increasing your botton gear by 1 which generally dos,nt give u very noticable results but will load the engine more (get you mre torque to the ground) ex. 24/39 would increase your ratio to 1.62 but may give u some added torque. but the key will still be in your clutches even with gearing you may have to reclutch to fit your gearing or it may just go slower. Ther are alot of kits out there and many people dont know what there getting even when they buy a clutch kit but the guys at this site know what works because they,ve tried just about every one out there. I guess what I'm sayin is you may want to learn at least the fundamentals of clutching or pay somone to to insatll the right kit for you. Even picking the right kit for yourself requires a little knowlege of clutching.

Does anyone know of someboby in or around Flint Mi that could help with performance on rx1 besides a dealer.

You have one of the best Yamaha performance people anywhere, in Clarkston. His name is Doc Fang. I think the number I have is still good. 248-625-4901

Last winter people on this site were raving about a sled at Houghton Lake that was kicking everybodys #*$&@, including mod Thundercats. It was an SX that Fang built.

Back