• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need some advice on the nytro, thinking of buying one

Dealer says generally once a season - or about 2500 miles. I'll probably just get the seasonal check - less than $200 at my dealer and they check and adjust everything as well as change the oil and filter and grease the skid.

I have a 09 and a 11 xtx the 09 was more of a problem to get suspension set up to ride well and not bottom and the 11 xtx I have changed very little and I love to pound ditches and jump driveways. the new xtx just plain works well. I'm probobly 230 with gear and have my rear suspension on medium, dont remember were the clickers are set but dont go get stiffer springs just use the compression adjustment. i did put simmons skiis on and still deciding if I like them.

I was a dead set doo rider and still have my mxzX rev,but i bought a nytro and so far it is awesome.A little more weight but the power by far makes up for it.My nytro was down so i rode my rev a few hundred miles,now nytro is back and boy did i miss that power...i think im addicted...you will like the nytro

I came from Doo as well, had a 800X mod and I can tell you that I don't miss it a bit. The Nytro is flat out Sweet! What everyone is saying I have found to be true, The people on this site know their stuff and are very willing to help out. I put C&A skies on mine and after reading a ton of posts I spent the first day and 50 miles on one stretch of trail just tuning the suspension and I can say that I am pretty aggressive and stand most of the time ( contact superman on this site and get one of his Lake effect risers for the sled, they are the best i've seen) and I can push this sled harder into a rough trail ahan I ever could my doo, and that is saying alot. it does ride a bit different where as with my rev I would break hard into the corner and grab a handful on the way out, with the Nytro I can drive farther into a turn and let the motor slow me down and I roll into the throttle comming out. I ride 95% trail so I have the 121 but from what I can tell the XTX is a great sled and if I were even an 80/20 trail/offtrail rider I would more than likly have one instead. One more thing. I was in the same boat as you putting pistons and cranks in the doo and the way I see it is with the money one would save on 2 stroke repairs that would make a hefty budget for mods or upgrades.

I love yamaha. ( I actually have a thread in this section about buying a nytro ) I've had 2 in my garage but the way some ppl talk in here gets kinda old. Yea we like our yamahas but 90% of the ppl here just "assume" 4 stroke is end all be all. And every 2 stroke is gonna break down. The 3 ppl I know with 2009-2011 doos with 600-800 etecs love them, have 1200-3100 miles and have never had one problem and both of them etec motors are reliable and get better mileage than the 4 strokes

I realize the fanbase and brand loyalty behind companies gets ugly at times but it's pretty sad when in 90% off head to head or comparison threads ppl dog 2 stokes like they're a pos and wouldn't trust them for a 2 mile ride by themselves.

End rant

Your right Some people do bash other sleds, But I will say that I have put 2 motors in my ZR one in my wifes EXT and 3 in my rev and maybe its to early to judge my Nytro or Yamaha but a friend I ride with has a 96 i think it is vmax with 9300 miles and a 97 SRX with 8100 and a SX Viper with 4200 miles and he hasnt even changed the plugs on any of them. Maybe i'm drinking the kool aid a bit early but I have to say, so far I like the taste of it

mcamzr said:
Your right Some people do bash other sleds, But I will say that I have put 2 motors in my ZR one in my wifes EXT and 3 in my rev and maybe its to early to judge my Nytro or Yamaha but a friend I ride with has a 96 i think it is vmax with 9300 miles and a 97 SRX with 8100 and a SX Viper with 4200 miles and he hasnt even changed the plugs on any of them. Maybe i'm drinking the kool aid a bit early but I have to say, so far I like the taste of it

And my immaculate 2002 viper that was pretty much treated better than my car and maintained weekly blew a crank seal and bearing and locked up the middle cylinder at 3900 miles. that's why I bought it. For reliability and not to mention that was a kickass sled that will run with many top sleds today. And look what happened. Anything can happen to anyone at anytime.

Comatoast said:
And every 2 stroke is gonna break down.

That is correct. ;)!

I am sure you will be happy with the Nytro. I came of a 800 Summit and a RMK 700, and would never switch back.

Also, I've had very bad luck with the two strokes. And the reliability on the 4 strokes is unbeatable. Final.

i do all my own work on my sled, are these things easy to maintain and service or do you have to take them to a dealer to plug them in? also, do they have cooling exchangers under the tunnel like revs?

These sleds are just as easy to maintain as your rev,changing the track is nice to with the tunnel cut out.You can do diagnostics on the gauge cluster which is nice.Yes there is a heat exchanger underneath the sled but it is only at the front of the tunnel...Just get a clutch puller and you will be set...

drunkenrich said:
what are the best aftermarket skis in your guys opinion? looks like a must change part if i got one

drunkenrich...that is a loaded question. For that question, I would suggest going to the top of the page and click on 'Search'. Do a search for ski's in the FX General Talk section and you should find pages amongst pages of prior posts.

thanks man, sorry for all the questions guys. I just want to be 100% sure about getting the nytro. I loved ski doo for years but am sick of the engine problems. I don't feel confident on long rides, i always feel like I am going to burn down like I did twice in 5 years. Next, thing i need to do is test drive one of these and see how the chasis compares to the rev. Is it more like a rev or more like older style polaris (knees in face, back hurting all week)?

Back