• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need some advice on the nytro, thinking of buying one

Go to a dealer and sit / stand on one... it doesn't feel like either one really. But it is rider forward.

nothing like a old polaris. the transition from sitting to standing is so easy. im 6'0'' and the stock bars fit me perfect. I stand probly 70 percent of the time cuz its just so easy to do. you will def need to get a lake effect riser but still the nytro is just plain fun to ride! I cant remember having as much fun on a sled as i do now on this one. You will not be dissapointed one bit if u decide to buy. Just plan a few hundred bucks to get the handwarmers fixed and a few other problems worked out but overall best sled ive ever owned!

How about u make the switch and ill give u $500 for your nytro if u decide u want something else

On season 3 with my '09 XTX. I came off a REV onto the Nytro- never looked back. The REV was lighter, that's about the only thing I liked better about it. The Nytro has arguably the best stand-up ergonomics of any sled right now. I prefer it to even the XP chassis (for stand up riding) which most will agree is the gold standard right now. As others have said, the motors are pretty much bulletproof. I ride probably 70/30 trail/offtrail, but when I ride offtrail it's usually in 4+ft of powder and the Nytro gets around great. It you stick it, it's a chore to get out because of the weight, but it's usually got the grunt to get out of a problem before you have to dig. I went to a 1.75" track which is awesome unless you ride in poor snow conditions. The stock 1.25" ripsaw is pretty useless offtrail. The longer skid doesn't slow me down in the trails either, especially in the bumps. I prefer the longer skid to be honest, because I don't stud my tracks and it makes the sled more predictable in the turns. On certain super-twisty flat trails a GOOD rider on a shorty might be able to pull away from me, but not for long... especially if it gets bumpy. If you're on the fence- just get the XTX- you won't regret it. There's a reason so many guys with shorties end up stretching them to 136" and above....

northerndoc said:
On season 3 with my '09 XTX. I came off a REV onto the Nytro- never looked back. The REV was lighter, that's about the only thing I liked better about it. The Nytro has arguably the best stand-up ergonomics of any sled right now. I prefer it to even the XP chassis (for stand up riding) which most will agree is the gold standard right now. As others have said, the motors are pretty much bulletproof. I ride probably 70/30 trail/offtrail, but when I ride offtrail it's usually in 4+ft of powder and the Nytro gets around great. It you stick it, it's a chore to get out because of the weight, but it's usually got the grunt to get out of a problem before you have to dig. I went to a 1.75" track which is awesome unless you ride in poor snow conditions. The stock 1.25" ripsaw is pretty useless offtrail. The longer skid doesn't slow me down in the trails either, especially in the bumps. I prefer the longer skid to be honest, because I don't stud my tracks and it makes the sled more predictable in the turns. On certain super-twisty flat trails a GOOD rider on a shorty might be able to pull away from me, but not for long... especially if it gets bumpy. If you're on the fence- just get the XTX- you won't regret it. There's a reason so many guys with shorties end up stretching them to 136" and above....

how hard is it to swap out the track? do you have to put the tunnel protectors in if you go 1.75?

IMO: If I were in the market right now; I would find a beat up used 2009 shorty or xtx for less than half the price of a new one... install a barkbuster (or similar) front end and mountain tamer or (similar 144" skid) under it. Add Simmons skis, ulmer/drag n fly clutch kit, intake/exhaust, pcv... all for less than what you would pay for a stock "new" sled. You would have all the goodies and a practically new sled with under 10,000 miles on an engine design to 3x that... enjoy a couple years of riding. ;-)

Sell off the old skid/front end on ebay to recoup $400 and put that towards your first years gas money or if you really want to look different buy a new graphic wrap for the sled.

Just my thoughts after owning (2) brand new nytros and putting thousands of $$$ in aftermarket goodies... ;-) Good luck

Back