• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need some clutching help guys.

Ruckus

TY 4 Stroke Master
yamaha-phazer-clutch-kit-stage-3.jpg

$279.98

or

Phazer.jpg

$120.00

I have the ulmer and like it, what is the mfg on the $279 kit???

I'm guessing its the schmidt brothers kit.

I would experiment with the stock setup and add the heaviest weights possible so the wieght is close to 48.5.g. Its simple to replace the existing rivits in your stock weights.

If I was going to spend the money though, I would get the schmidt with the helix.

I got Ulmers and noticed smoother operation at lower speeds, a bit less backshifting.

Overall happy but I think I still need to add some weight to the bottom of the arm as my rev's still come up too high from a standing start or low speeds.

Definitely improves driveability.

That being said if I had more time for tweaking I might have gone with the Schmidt kit. I am still considering their secondary helix.

Let me say that at first i went with the Stage 1 from schmidt bros which is similar to the Ulmer clutch kit and ill tell you the helix angle change with the schmidtbros kit makes a world of difference. also the weight change... I would reccomend their secondary machining aswell for 5mph more top end with the clutching its a whole different animal...

Back